NBA Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Indeed, I'm pretty close to there although I've actually been considering moving to either Nashville or Charleston oddly enough.
Charleston is a great little city. Great food, great weather, on the ocean, a lot more laid back than DC, etc. Looking forward to it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
New Yorkers tend to be mostly the same. Everything is better and more delicious and faster and cooler in New York. And the people are shitty and rude there but that is somehow comforting and better than people who aren't dicks. Yawn.
Sorry but this cannot be farther from the truth, but hey I give you the shitty and rude part.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
What exactly are the Sun's doing the have 5 pg's on the roster now after drafting 2 in the 1st round the last couple of years.

After drafting Ennis and paying Thomas they can't keep both Dragic and Bledsoe what is going on there.

D

Deuce

[h=1]Bulls making push for Kevin Love[/h]Updated: July 22, 2014, 2:04 PM ET
By Marc Stein and Brian Windhorst | ESPN.com

The Cleveland Cavaliers are firmly in the lead to acquire Kevin Love but the Chicago Bulls are making a renewed push to get into the trade mix for the All-Star power forward, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com the Cavs are increasingly optimistic that they are progressing toward a trade framework that the Minnesota Timberwolves will accept in exchange for Love to pair him with his Team USA teammate LeBron James.

Cleveland's offer, sources said, would be headlined by No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013's No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a future first-round pick. At least one more player might have to added to the package to satisfy NBA trade rules. ESPN.com reported the trade pieces the Cavs are offering last Friday.

Sources say that the Bulls, though, have re-entered the race and would appear to be the biggest threats to the Cavs, thanks largely to the Golden State Warriors' resolute unwillingness to add longtime Wolves target Klay Thompson in any deal.

Although the full extent of the Bulls' offer wasn't immediately known, it is believed Minnesota would seek a package from Chicago featuring forward Taj Gibson and defensive ace Jimmy Butler in addition to other assets. The Bulls shelved their Love interest while trying to sign Carmelo Anthony away from the New York Knicks but, according to sources, have re-emerged as contenders.

ESPN.com reported as far back as May that Golden State and Chicago were prime destinations that interest Love, who holds more than the usual sway in this process because he has the ability to become a free agent next summer.

The Cavs, though, rocketed to the upper echelon of Love's wish list of potential trade destinations from the moment James agreed to return to Cleveland. ESPN.com reported this month that even James' short-term contract with the Cavs -- which spans only two seasons and includes a player option to return to free agency next summer -- would not dissuade Love from committing to Cleveland.

Wolves owner Glen Taylor insisted again last week that he wanted to keep Love and that Minnesota is prepared to open the season with Love on the roster. But sources say numerous rival teams believe that Minnesota will ultimately part with Love before the start of the new season, given the extremely public nature of Love's unwillingness to commit to the Wolves beyond this season.

As ESPN.com reported Sunday, Cleveland is planning to formalize a contract with Wiggins this week. A trade involving Wiggins can't be done until 30 days after he signs his contract, which means the Cavs would have to wait a month to officially complete a deal with Minnesota even if the sides come to terms on a swap.
The Cavs' delay in signing Wiggins is not related to their pursuit of Love, sources say, but they ultimately would have to have Wiggins under contract to facilitate such a trade. The packages Cleveland has been offering to Minnesota, sources say, have included Wiggins' projected salary-cap number of $5.5 million, which can be factored into the trade only if he's under contract.

While James is said to be intrigued with Wiggins' potential and to have tracked his progress during summer league, sources say he has backed the Cavs' win-now pursuit of Love, with whom he played on the United States' gold-medal winning team at the 2012 London Olympics.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported last week that a Cavs-Wolves trade appeared close to completion but quoted sources close to process as saying Minnesota wants more than Cleveland has offered to this point.

Sources say that the Wolves and Warriors also appeared close to completing a deal in June that would have sent Love to Golden State, but the Warriors ultimately decided they could not bear to part with Thompson, offering a combination of David Lee and Harrison Barnes instead.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Oh lord. Here we go again.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the Bulls are healthy they're going to beat Cleveland with or without Love anyway so it's really whatever. It's a different story if they also get Kevin Martin though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If the Bulls are healthy they're going to beat Cleveland with or without Love anyway so it's really whatever. It's a different story if they also get Kevin Martin though.
Nope...Cavs beat them as currently constructed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm half kidding but I honestly don't think you can you just throw a bunch of young guys with little to no playoff experience together and win it all immediately, especially when there are clear gaping holes defensively.

Irving and Love have literally never been to the playoffs and both are pretty shit defensively, the rest of the team around LeBron is also very inexperienced with very few guys who have been to the playoffs, not to mention the fact that their coach has never even coached in the NBA. The Bulls might not be the ones to beat them but the Spurs or Thunder surely would.

And I do think the Bulls would have a very good shot at beating them with their size up front and the fact that Cleveland would be so weak defensively at the rim.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Chicago will definitely be good...particularly with Gasol and McDermott, but after the Bulls you are looking at teams like Indy, Wash, and Tor...I definitely like the Cavs against them. I really think Irving prospers this year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Bulls making push for Kevin Love[/h]Updated: July 22, 2014, 2:04 PM ET
0% chance. It's coming from Minnesota to drive up Cleveland's bid.

IF the Bulls are involved in this deal at all, it should be to scoop up Kevin Martin somehow.

D

Deuce

I hope the Duke Blue Devils team plane crashes with them on it... right into your house.
That's a shitty thing to say. But even if Duke lost all their scholly players this year, I'm pretty sure their makeshift team off walk on replacements could still win in Chapel Hill this season.

Top Bottom