NBA Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I see this as a trade down with Philly more than anything. He is going top 3, so if they felt the need to visit with him it would really only make sense if they stay in the top 3.

I don't want to move 10, I'd prefer Thad and 3 for the #1.
That would be ideal trading Thad and #3 for #1. I only would move #10 and #3 for #1 if we could get another pick in the top 10.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mavs-Knicks nearing major trade

Updated: June 25, 2014, 4:47 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

The Dallas Mavericks are on the verge of reacquiring center Tyson Chandler from the New York Knicks, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Mavericks, who immediately made reacquiring Chandler one of their priorities after their first-round playoff exit against San Antonio, soon will complete a trade with the Knicks that they will clinch by agreeing to take back the contract of New York's out-of-favor guard, Raymond Felton, as well.

The trade is expected to cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon and center Samuel Dalembert -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin, reserve guard Wayne Ellington and future second-round draft compensation.

Sources tell Stein that the teams are in the process of setting up a call with the league office to get the requisite approval on the trade.

Chandler is the player Dallas has missed most since it decided to let go several key contributors in free agency after the team's championship run in 2011.

Chandler, 31, wound up landing a four-year, $60 million deal in free agency with the Knicks that year, a deal that has one season remaining.

The departures of Chandler and Felton are believed to be just the start of a roster overhaul by new Knicks president Phil Jackson, with Jackson pursing as much salary-cap flexibility as he can in the hopes of convincing star free-agent-to-be Carmelo Anthony to stay.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Mavs-Knicks nearing major trade

Updated: June 25, 2014, 4:47 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

The Dallas Mavericks are on the verge of reacquiring center Tyson Chandler from the New York Knicks, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Mavericks, who immediately made reacquiring Chandler one of their priorities after their first-round playoff exit against San Antonio, soon will complete a trade with the Knicks that they will clinch by agreeing to take back the contract of New York's out-of-favor guard, Raymond Felton, as well.

The trade is expected to cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon and center Samuel Dalembert -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin, reserve guard Wayne Ellington and future second-round draft compensation.

Sources tell Stein that the teams are in the process of setting up a call with the league office to get the requisite approval on the trade.

Chandler is the player Dallas has missed most since it decided to let go several key contributors in free agency after the team's championship run in 2011.

Chandler, 31, wound up landing a four-year, $60 million deal in free agency with the Knicks that year, a deal that has one season remaining.

The departures of Chandler and Felton are believed to be just the start of a roster overhaul by new Knicks president Phil Jackson, with Jackson pursing as much salary-cap flexibility as he can in the hopes of convincing star free-agent-to-be Carmelo Anthony to stay.
I like that deal for the Knicks. If the Mavs think they are getting the Chandler from 2011 they're sadly mistaken. Chandler is 31 going on 40.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I liked Larkin coming out of Miami, so I really like this for the Knicks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I like the move and this was rumored to be an interest of theirs dating all the way back to April.

Its a low risk move that coukd pay off very well for my Mavs.

Yes, hes been injured, but he still plays at a very high level when he's on the court.

This will help us.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think this clears up cap room for the Knicks, right?

If it does, it makes absorbing Boozer in a sign and trade less painful, making a Melo to Chicago deal more likely.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think this clears up cap room for the Knicks, right?

If it does, it makes absorbing Boozer in a sign and trade less painful, making a Melo to Chicago deal more likely.
Yes, it clears Chandler off the their books and we're only on the hook for one year.

Win-win for both.

D

Deuce

@WojYahooNBA: New Orleans will send a future first-round pick to Houston for Asik, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Deal will give Rockets cap space.

Carp

DCC 4Life
@WojYahooNBA: New Orleans will send a future first-round pick to Houston for Asik, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Deal will give Rockets cap space.
Interesting...clearing room for Melo or LBJ?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Chris Broussard ✔ @Chris_Broussard

Rockets clearing cap room to make run at LeBron or Melo. With James Harden as potential sign&trade, they could land both to team w/Dwight:unsure

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll help the Rockets facilitate that deal by accepting Harden to clear cap space for them and sending out Boozer to a third team with some of our excess draft picks to make this all possible.

Rose
Harden
Butler
Taj/Mirotic
Noah

FTW

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They are not trading Harden.
I don't think they will either. To anyone, not just saying Chicago.

I think Houston is going FOR James, not for both. That's a fantasy IMO.

Melo joining Miami is more likely, even, and that's a stretch.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think they go hard after Melo...and that is a better set up than Chicago IMO.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think they will either. To anyone, not just saying Chicago.

I think Houston is going FOR James, not for both. That's a fantasy IMO.

Melo joining Miami is more likely, even, and that's a stretch.
Well the rumour is they are a package deal.

I don't believe it but its not a crazy idea either.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Melo on the Rockets is redundant, they are a team that is all offense, no defense and they play very undisciplined. Melo on the Rockets as presently constructed will bring diminishing returns.

Of course if they trade Harden and end up with LeBron and Melo that's different, but if they plan on rolling out Harden, Parsons and Melo together, it'll be redundant.

And yes, as presently constructed Chicago is the better place for Melo since their style of play and roster is better able to make up for Melo's weaknesses.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Melo on the Rockets is redundant, they are a team that is all offense, no defense and they play very undisciplined. Melo on the Rockets as presently constructed will bring diminishing returns.

Of course if they trade Harden and end up with LeBron and Melo that's different, but if they plan on rolling out Harden, Parsons and Melo together, it'll be redundant.

And yes, as presently constructed Chicago is the better place for Melo since their style of play and roster is better able to make up for Melo's weaknesses.
Yup.

Jiggyfly

Banned

This is complete bullshit Melo is not redundent because Houston currently has one guy who can create his own shot and that's Harden.

Parson relies on the offense and pace to get points, he does nothing to relieve the pressure on Harden, which is what Melo would do as well as give us 2 legitimate late game threats and another playmaker.

I would be worried about the defense but adding Melo makes nothing redundant on this team there is nobody like him on the roster.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I just heard a rumour of Rondo to the Celtics for #8 that's a good deal for both sides.

Top Bottom