NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

I think this makes them more likely to draft a PG...Fournier seems like a bench player and now with Afflalo gone it opens up SG for Oladipo.
They've openly talked about Olapido playing PG for a while with the expectation of Nelson not returning. They could be putting that into motion.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They've openly talked about Olapido playing PG for a while with the expectation of Nelson not returning. They could be putting that into motion.
They seem way too interested in Smart and Exum.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very odd move for the Magic since all the speculation was about them wanting to move up in the draft or acquire some more serious picks then 54.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Their games are similar in that they are both volume shooters that play little to no defense. Other than that, not so much.

[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION] - This

They have different ways of scoring, but both players are offensive players who need to dominate the ball in order to get going.

I just don't know if it would work, but if Melo doesn't end up in Dallas, then I'd like to see him end up in Houston.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It is just a bad comparison...he did just fine in OKC as the 3rd option. At no point has Melo been a guy to take a backseat to anyone.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is just a bad comparison...he did just fine in OKC as the 3rd option. At no point has Melo been a guy to take a backseat to anyone.
Right, but do you think Harden views himself as a 3rd option now? Hell, he's having a tough time viewing himself as a 2nd option.

He's become one of the top 2 SG's in the league, and so in his mind, he should be the guy.

There could be issues there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Right, but do you think Harden views himself as a 3rd option now? Hell, he's having a tough time viewing himself as a 2nd option.

He's become one of the top 2 SG's in the league, and so in his mind, he should be the guy.

I seriously doubt he would have an issue taking a back seat to Lebron or Melo.

D

Deuce

The Toronto Raptors are in the hunt to acquire the Memphis Grizzlies' No. 22 overall pick in Thursday night's draft, according to sources familiar with the deal.

But the Raptors, sources said, would have to take back Tayshaun Prince via trade to make the deal happen.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Raptors and Grizzlies have discussed a trade in which Toronto sends John Salmons and the No. 37 overall pick to Memphis for Prince and the Grizzlies' No. 22 pick in the first round.

The move appeals to Toronto, sources say, because it would give the Raptors two picks in the presumed range needed to draft Canadian guard Tyler Ennis from Syracuse. The Raptors already possess the No. 20 pick and, according to sources, covet both Ennis and Swiss power forward Clint Capela, who some scouts liken to Serge Ibaka and is said to have caught the eye of Toronto general manager Masai Ujiri.

For the Grizzlies, sources say, shedding Prince's contract -- he's owed $7.7 million next season -- is a draft-night priority. But the likelihood is that it'll cost Memphis its No. 22 pick to do so.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I want Wiggins, Exum, or Parker...but I think I can be talked into Embiid now. I don't like the idea of a big man with back and foot issues, but sometimes you gamble on that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I want Wiggins, Exum, or Parker...but I think I can be talked into Embiid now. I don't like the idea of a big man with back and foot issues, but sometimes you gamble on that.
Went through that with Yao. Its frustrating.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Went through that with Yao. Its frustrating.
The frustration is that Noel just had to sit out a year, so to do it again so soon would be maddening. I do realize he has only played ball for 4 years though, but he has shown a tremendous athletic ability, so he'll get much, much better. I just would like to start the season with him instead of wait. Selfish, but fo realz yo.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Quick mock...

Clev--Wiggins
Mil--Parker
Phil--Exum
Orl--Smart
Utah--Vonleh
Bos--Embiid
LAL--Randle
Sac--Payton
Char--McDermott
Phi--Gordon
Den--Payne
Orl--Ennis
Minn--Stauskas
Pho--Hood
Atl--Nurkic
Chi--Harris
Bos--Young
Pho--LaVine
Chi--Napier
Tor--Anderson
OKC--Saric
Mem--Early
Utah--Dinwiddie
Char--Hairston
Hou--Bogdonovic
Mia--McDaniels
Pho--Capela
LAC--Powell
OKC--Warren
SA--McGary

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whenever I get into an argument with this dense buffoon it gets twisted all around because he doesn't understand what I'm saying.

To boil it down for you: Harden's strength is isolation scoring, Melo's strength is isolation scoring, Harden's weakness is defense, Melo's weakness is defense. Houston's strength as a team is their offensive pace and scoring ability, their weakness is defense and the lack of overall structure/discipline, which also generally describes Melo's game.

Melo duplicates what Houston already does well, in Chicago he brings something the team is sorely lacking while the rest of the Bulls roster does well at what Melo lacks, it's that simple.

My point about Harden either shooting a 3 or taking it to the hoop was that he mostly operates from isolation like Melo, not that all he can do is shoot 3's or drive. I realize that he is also a good passer, although I think his overall stats are generally inflated due to the pace Houston plays at.

As for Rose, I realize there could be a clash there, but no more than what there would be with Harden and the difference is that the rest of Houston's roster outside of Beverly is offensive-minded first, second and third whereas the rest of the Bulls roster is all about defense and rebounding.

Once upon a time you also said that Howard couldn't fit with Rose because he would clog the lane, is that not a concern with Melo?

And in what world does Houston have more assets than the Bulls to improve with?

The Bulls have two 1st's this year, the best player in Europe in their back pocket and extra 1st's in the coming years, not to mention what is on the roster now. The Bulls could conceivably trade for Love and still have assets left over to make it worth the Knicks while to S+T Melo.
I'm the dense buffoon yet you are the one saying all Harden does is stand at the 3 point line and dribble a couple of times.:lol

And you show little knowledge of Houstons Roster are Beverly and Howard offensive minded 1st and Parson is not a shoot 1st player either.

Please tell me how you see the bulls having assets to trade for both Melo and Love, I think somebody is hugely overvaluing the market for Gipson and Mirotic and oh by the way the Rockets have 2 1st next year.

No Howard is not a concern with Melo because Melo's game is not solely based on an ability to get to the rim.

Dude just be realistic and stop homering out about the Bulls being this prime destination spot, yes Melo would fit there but he would fit just as well in other places.

Jiggyfly

Banned

And there could be issues in Chicago with Rose so why is he such a good fit in Chicago, we already know Rose does not want anyone taking his shine.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What the hell happened to CJ Fair He was considered a lottery last year and now there's talk he might not be drafted.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That whole Syracuse team lost it's luster...him, Grant, Ennis...not a great group there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seeing some stuff where Philly is sending Young, 3, 10, and 32 for #1.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think Exum is incredibly overrated. You gotta do more than dominate pimple-faced 17 year old high schoolers to impress me.

Time will tell but right now I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Top Bottom