NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

There does seem to be some tension there with Lebron and Arison...we'll see. Part of me secretly roots that he goes back to Cleveland.
I would like to see that, but I keep hearing at different times that Lebron makes it known privately he will never play for Gilbert again. I can't blame him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If Utah can jump to #1 they are taking Parker...if that is the case I can really see Mil taking Exum. Not just saying that just to get Wiggins to Philly, but they may want to add a PG there over a guy who has a similar skillset as Antetokounmpo.

If we could get Wiggins and Stauskas, Young, McDermott, Lavine, Randle, Gordon at 10 I would jerk it clean off.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
If Utah can jump to #1 they are taking Parker...if that is the case I can really see Mil taking Exum. Not just saying that just to get Wiggins to Philly, but they may want to add a PG there over a guy who has a similar skillset as Antetokounmpo.

If we could get Wiggins and Stauskas, Young, McDermott, Lavine, Randle, Gordon at 10 I would jerk it clean off.
I'd be shocked if we weren't' involved in 3 or 4 trades come draft night, at least. Teams are going to be scrambling to clear cap space because they want to make a run at Lebron or Melo. The Sixers have #3, #7 and 5 second rounders. They're not going to make those 5 picks in the second round and keep those players. I see us being on the better end of a few deals giving up practically nothing, taking on a bad contract (which we can absorb for a year or two because of all the cap space we have) and getting a really good draft pick.

It's going to be crazy come Thursday night. More guys than ever will have hats of the teams that drafted on and then have to switch to another.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We have 10, not 7, but there is some talk the Lakers will move 7 to us if we take on Nash's contract.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Right 10, my bad. Maybe hopeful thinking. I've seen that Nash and #7 rumor.
Supposedly we are talking to Sac about a trade of Thad for #8...more involved of course, but I am interested in that too.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Supposedly we are talking to Sac about a trade of Thad for #8...more involved of course, but I am interested in that too.
If we walk out of this draft with 3 top 10 picks I wouldn't complain. Or is Hinkie looking to add another top 10 pick to couple with #3 to move up so he gets his guy and then will still have another top 10 pick?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There does seem to be some tension there with Lebron and Arison...we'll see. Part of me secretly roots that he goes back to Cleveland.
I think he's going back to Cleveland.

I don't think he joins a 3rd team. He can say he doesn't care what people say, but he does. And if he joins a 3rd team, it's going to absolutely hurt his legacy. He'll be viewed as a front runner who couldn't carry his team to a championship so he had to join teams that were built to win already.

For a guy who has gone on record as saying he wants to be known as one of the greatest players ever if not the greatest, I cannot see him going to Houston, or LA, or wherever else.

He stays in Miami or he goes back to Cleveland, and my guess is he goes back to the Cavs which I think would be cool.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If we walk out of this draft with 3 top 10 picks I wouldn't complain. Or is Hinkie looking to add another top 10 pick to couple with #3 to move up so he gets his guy and then will still have another top 10 pick?
I think he would send 3 and 10 to Clev.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think he's going back to Cleveland.

I don't think he joins a 3rd team. He can say he doesn't care what people say, but he does. And if he joins a 3rd team, it's going to absolutely hurt his legacy. He'll be viewed as a front runner who couldn't carry his team to a championship so he had to join teams that were built to win already.

For a guy who has gone on record as saying he wants to be known as one of the greatest players ever if not the greatest, I cannot see him going to Houston, or LA, or wherever else.

He stays in Miami or he goes back to Cleveland, and my guess is he goes back to the Cavs which I think would be cool.
It would be a bullshit for him to get that criticism. He is the best player of this generation and he is the reason his teams won those titles. This is a different league and a different culture...the Spurs are the last of the dynasties...now you group together with other players to have your best chance to win. Some teams are lucky enough to have GMs who can amass the right talent to win...Pop and Presti come to mind. He could have gotten more money from Clev, but he wanted to play with players that gave him a better chance to win. That should be viewed favorably.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't do that. That's a lot to move up two spots.

If we don't move #3 who do you take? Exum or Embiid?
I'd do that trade without hesitation...Wiggins is the guy they readied themselves for. You'd still have 1 and 8 and would not owe those big dollars to Thad.

I take Exum...if not Exum, Randle.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I'd do that trade without hesitation...Wiggins is the guy they readied themselves for. You'd still have 1 and 8 and would not owe those big dollars to Thad.

I take Exum...if not Exum, Randle.
I have no problem giving up Thad and whatever to get to 7 or 8. Too bad Cleveland just doesn't take Thad and #3 for #1.

D

Deuce

It would be a bullshit for him to get that criticism. He is the best player of this generation and he is the reason his teams won those titles. This is a different league and a different culture...the Spurs are the last of the dynasties...now you group together with other players to have your best chance to win. Some teams are lucky enough to have GMs who can amass the right talent to win...Pop and Presti come to mind. He could have gotten more money from Clev, but he wanted to play with players that gave him a better chance to win. That should be viewed favorably.
Funny part is him leaving Cleveland may be a blessing. If he goes back he had better players around him than he had before or would've acquired with him there before. He never had a player close to Kyrie's level.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
The Lakers want to get rid of #7 and Nash without taking any salary back so they can go after Melo or Lebron. Philly has to jump on that.

D

Deuce

The Lakers want to get rid of #7 and Nash without taking any salary back so they can go after Melo or Lebron. Philly has to jump on that.
So should the Magic. Nash could start at PG and give them the flexibility at 4 and 7 to grab the best player.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So should the Magic. Nash could start at PG and give them the flexibility at 4 and 7 to grab the best player.
He is not going to play there...he'll want to play for a team who has a chance to win.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dunno if this has been discussed, but Bill Simmons and others apparently think that the Bulls have a fairly healthy chance of ending up with both Carmelo and Afflalo within the next 2 weeks.

Some combination of Boozer's expiring and picks to Orlando for Afflalo and a bunch of their non-guaranteed contracts, which the Bulls would in turn send to NY with more picks for Carmelo (giving NY the cap relief they want).

Rose - Afflalo - Carmelo - Gibson - Noah

Bench: DJ Augustin, Kirk Hinrich, Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy, Nikola Mirotic

Yikes.

I suppose that it depends on whether Afflalo is moved in a deal for the #1 pick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom