NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

Embiid with a possible broken foot, no 1st overall for him.
Bad news for Philly. Parker and Wiggins probably go top 2.

Big men with foot problems scare the crap outta me, but I'd still like to see Boston take a chance on him if they can. Unless we ship the pick to Minny for Love, that is.

Carl

RIP Brother

Big men with foot problems scare the crap outta me, but I'd still like to see Boston take a chance on him if they can. Unless we ship the pick to Minny for Love, that is.
Klay Thompson's Dad, Mychal Thompson does a radio show in Los Angeles. This morning he was very despondent. Based on real inside info, Klay, David Lee and a #1 are going to Minn for Love. He is hoping it's not true, but seemed to be suggesting that Klay had already been informed.

As for Embiid, the Celtics will take him if he there at 6. Ainge is a bit of a risk taker.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Klay Thompson's Dad, Mychal Thompson does a radio show in Los Angeles. This morning he was very despondent. Based on real inside info, Klay, David Lee and a #1 are going to Minn for Love. He is hoping it's not true, but seemed to be suggesting that Klay had already been informed.

As for Embiid, the Celtics will take him if he there at 6. Ainge is a bit of a risk taker.
Yea, I read a couple of recent rumors that the Warriors made Thompson available to the Wolves so I guess that's going to happen. I can't blame the Bulls for getting outbid by that, they can't really beat an offer with Thompson in it.

D

Deuce

I'm disappointed if the Celts don't get Love because besides the obvious of getting a legit PF, I'm not overly enamored with the names I'm hearing for the Celts at 6. Embiid slipping would at least make me feel better.

Carp

DCC 4Life

I prefer Exum to Embiid for the Sixers anyways. I want Wiggins, but Exum is a nice consolation prize.

Carl

RIP Brother
I'm disappointed if the Celts don't get Love because besides the obvious of getting a legit PF, I'm not overly enamored with the names I'm hearing for the Celts at 6. Embiid slipping would at least make me feel better.
How good is Love. He is not a change of franchise player in my opinion; reports I read were for #6, #17, future number one(s) and Sully or Kelly. You don't think that's too much? I wouldn't do that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How good is Love. He is not a change of franchise player in my opinion; reports I read were for #6, #17, future number one(s) and Sully or Kelly. You don't think that's too much? I wouldn't do that.
I don't think he can be the best player on a title team but he is a top 10ish type of player and I'd take him over guys like Harden and Bosh to be honest. He's basically a shorter, slightly less efficient, better rebounding Nowitzki.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...Cleanthony Early seems like a Spur to me.

D

Deuce

I would do that if the player was Sullivan. Him and Kelly at the 4 and 5 are a nice combo. Rondo running the point and getting him the ball where he needs it on the offensive end and then you start to look for good wing scorers.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I prefer Exum to Embiid for the Sixers anyways. I want Wiggins, but Exum is a nice consolation prize.
I don't have a good grasp on Exum but it almost seems like they'd have to trade away MCW if they draft Exum. Exum also doesn't strike me as a top 3 pick. Barring a trade I'd take my chances with Embiid, but I'd prefer to trade back a spot or two to draft him if possible.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't have a good grasp on Exum but it almost seems like they'd have to trade away MCW if they draft Exum. Exum also doesn't strike me as a top 3 pick. Barring a trade I'd take my chances with Embiid, but I'd prefer to trade back a spot or two to draft him if possible.
I agree about trading away MCW, they're basically the exact same player, overly tall, skinny PG's who can't really shoot.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How about Pat Riley's PC the other day?

He basically said, stick it out and don't be front-running bitches who win and then run.

I wonder if this will rub any of the big 3 the wrong way?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

He basically said, stick it out and don't be front-running bitches who win and then run.

Yea the irony of it all is that they were being front-running bitches when they colluded to all join Miami in the first place.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They are both big enough to cover SGs and Brett Brown coached him on the Australian team and reportedly loves him. I am not convinced he can't play SG anyways. Saw SA and OKC play their best ball in 2 PG sets too.

Embiid may take 4 months to a year to recover...don't want to do that again.

D

Deuce

If I were Riley, I would love for Bosh or Wade to be rubbed the wrong way and opt out. Lebron is the only keeper.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They are both big enough to cover SGs and Brett Brown coached him on the Australian team and reportedly loves him. I am not convinced he can't play SG anyways. Saw SA and OKC play their best ball in 2 PG sets too.

Embiid may take 4 months to a year to recover...don't want to do that again.

If we make the playoffs we lose our 1st next year. Waiting on Embiid may be the best thing we could do, especially if he turns out to be the best talent in this draft.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If we make the playoffs we lose our 1st next year. Waiting on Embiid may be the best thing we could do, especially if he turns out to be the best talent in this draft.
The stress fracture is a concern and having 2 bigs that are offensively challenged bothers me. If he has stress fractures now what will happen when he puts more weight on?

I do think though that we'll somehow end up with Wiggins though. Even now people are talking about Exum going to the Bucks and the Cavs taking the safer player in Parker.

D

Deuce

The stress fracture is a concern and having 2 bigs that are offensively challenged bothers me. If he has stress fractures now what will happen when he puts more weight on?

I do think though that we'll somehow end up with Wiggins though. Even now people are talking about Exum going to the Bucks and the Cavs taking the safer player in Parker.
I think Embiid is light years ahead of Noel offensively.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Embiid is light years ahead of Noel offensively.
You don't need a dominant center to win anymore...you need lots and lots of wings who can drive and shoot.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I were Riley, I would love for Bosh or Wade to be rubbed the wrong way and opt out. Lebron is the only keeper.
Oh, I agree.

I wouldn't want either one of them back but would consider Bosh at a much much cheaper price than what he cost the last time. But ultimately, I'd rather just get rid of both those guys and put together a better all around core for Lebron.

However, I think Riley was being honest when he said he wants them back and he specifically mentioned Wade. I think he wants him to return and that is the one guy they shouldn't be bringing back.

Top Bottom