NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It is not fact, it is your opinion. That is a fact.
Fine, then it's a very widely held opinion. Anybody who watched that series knows damn good and well that he was extremely passive and deferred to his teammates to the detriment of the team in the biggest moments during that series.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wonder how Miami looks next year...I don’t think there is any way Bosh or Wade opt out, but if they did I know I would let Wade walk and possibly Bosh. They basically need 11 players besides Lebron.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Fine, then it's a very widely held opinion. Anybody who watched that series knows damn good and well that he was extremely passive and deferred to his teammates to the detriment of the team in the biggest moments during that series.
Lebron is unselfish to a fault. Again, that is why comparing him to Jordan is silly. Different type players.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That Hill for Leonard deal was the best move in a long time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That Hill for Leonard deal was the best move in a long time.
It's just one of those moves you don't think much initially but 3 years later it's considered a game-changer.

Makes you really appreciate the Spurs front office. I'm pretty sure they haven't had a lottery pick since Duncan. Yet they keep finding gems like Ginobili, Leonard, and Parker deep in the drafts.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hilarious that the Finals have been over for like 45 minutes and I've already read two "Lebron needs some help!!!" articles.

Not one... Not two... Not three....

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I really don't understand how the Heat are the favorites to win it all next year.

They're an old team who just had their asses handed to them in the Finals.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's just one of those moves you don't think much initially but 3 years later it's considered a game-changer.

Makes you really appreciate the Spurs front office. I'm pretty sure they haven't had a lottery pick since Duncan. Yet they keep finding gems like Ginobili, Leonard, and Parker deep in the drafts.
Yep...Diaw is a guy they got in a midseason release and he is just perfect for them. With Leonard they have the guy to build around for their next run.

Carp

DCC 4Life

I really don't understand how the Heat are the favorites to win it all next year.

They're an old team who just had their asses handed to them in the Finals.
Spurs should be favored, followed by OKC, then Miami.

Also...you have to wonder if the Heat are going to get guys like Allen again to join up for another run. It'd be funny to see Pierce end up there.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hilarious that the Finals have been over for like 45 minutes and I've already read two "Lebron needs some help!!!" articles.

Not one... Not two... Not three....
As I said before, they need to build that team differently than before.

They need true role players and not a bunch of guys who are either old/inconsistent/unknown.

You can't build that type of team when you have a big 3 like the ones they have. Lebron is all you really need if you have a more solid and consistent lineup around him.

Spend that money wisely, and they'll win more championships going forward.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Spurs should be favored, followed by OKC, then Miami.

Also...you have to wonder if the Heat are going to get guys like Allen again to join up for another run. It'd be funny to see Pierce end up there.
That's an excellent question and I was wondering the same thing - will they still be the team that all these old vets want to rush to join in hopes of winning a championship?

Carp

DCC 4Life
As I said before, they need to build that team differently than before.

They need true role players and not a bunch of guys who are either old/inconsistent/unknown.

You can't build that type of team when you have a big 3 like the ones they have. Lebron is all you really need if you have a more solid and consistent lineup around him.

Spend that money wisely, and they'll win more championships going forward.
Hard to do that though with the money they have tied up. It did work though, 4 finals and 2 wins. They have to hope Wade opts out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That's an excellent question and I was wondering the same thing - will they still be the team that all these old vets want to rush to join in hopes of winning a championship?
Playing with Lebron is still a draw though. Miami as a place to live has to have some pull too.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hard to do that though with the money they have tied up. It did work though, 4 finals and 2 wins. They have to hope Wade opts out.
Yea, that's the part I keep forgetting about Wade.

I'm gonna guess he's not gonna opt out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lebron could leave still though. Him in Chicago would be ridiculous.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yea, that's the part I keep forgetting about Wade.

I'm gonna guess he's not gonna opt out.
He shouldn't...he is not going to get more money...and of the 3 I think that is more important to him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Playing with Lebron is still a draw though. Miami as a place to live has to have some pull too.
Oh, I'm sure they'll still be one of the top destinations in the league.

For the last few years, I think all vets looked at the Heat as THE team to play join because they were viewed as a surefire champion. But will they still be viewed that way after this loss?

I mean, they still got all the way to the Finals so it's not like they were eliminated in the 1st round or whatever. But will this loss coupled with what they do in the offseason change other vets' outlook of the team?

It'll be interesting.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Good, the season is over. Now it's the Sixers time to shine. Draft in 10 days.

Top Bottom