Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Watching Shrek again for the first time in a while. I had forgotten how funny this movie is.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching Shrek again for the first time in a while. I had forgotten how funny this movie is.
My son had that damn movie on repeat when he was little. I think I can almost recite it, line by line.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I finally got around to watching the newest Batman movie, and after 3 fuckin hours, I'm left with the impression that Batman and everyone in Gotham took a huge fucking L in this one.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I finally got around to watching the newest Batman movie, and after 3 fuckin hours, I'm left with the impression that Batman and everyone in Gotham took a huge fucking L in this one.

Took my son to see it in the theater. I wanted to leave after half an hour.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Nolan dodged a bullet here not casting his girlfriend as Batman.

Cotton

Staff member
Watching Stepbrothers with your daughter (who loves the same kind of comedy as you but your wife hates it) is freaking awesome.

Cotton

Staff member
My wife has said "STUPID" 10 times since we started the movie. And she's not even in the room. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched The Iron Claw on Max yesterday and didn't think it was as good as advertised. I enjoyed it but thought they missed the mark on a few things that could have made it better.

First off I have to admit I was about 20-30 minutes into the movie before I realized Zac Efron was playing Kevin Von Erich. I always assumed he was playing the role of Kerry. In some of the early scenes I was like, "When did Kerry ever wrestle barefoot? This ain't right." :lol

Kerry was always the most popular of the bunch so I think I just ran with the assumption that Efron being the lead actor, was playing the role of Kerry.

I thought they did a terrible job casting for Kerry. The guy who played him was too small. Everyone knows in real life Kerry was bigger than Kevin, but in the movie Kevin is much bigger.

Also I didn't like how they glossed over tragic events of the brothers. I thought they missed an opportunity to pull more emotion from the audience and actors by not having scenes showing stuff like David in Japan or Kerry's motorcycle accident.

Cotton

Staff member
Also I didn't like how they glossed over tragic events of the brothers. I thought they missed an opportunity to pull more emotion from the audience and actors by not having scenes showing stuff like David in Japan or Kerry's motorcycle accident.
This is the main thing that bugged me about it. They spent the whole movie building up the characters and then right at the end finally talking about the tragedies that family suffered. To me, that's the true Von Erich story and they should have spent more time on it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I watched The Iron Claw on Max yesterday and didn't think it was as good as advertised. I enjoyed it but thought they missed the mark on a few things that could have made it better.

First off I have to admit I was about 20-30 minutes into the movie before I realized Zac Efron was playing Kevin Von Erich. I always assumed he was playing the role of Kerry. In some of the early scenes I was like, "When did Kerry ever wrestle barefoot? This ain't right." :lol

Kerry was always the most popular of the bunch so I think I just ran with the assumption that Efron being the lead actor, was playing the role of Kerry.

I thought they did a terrible job casting for Kerry. The guy who played him was too small. Everyone knows in real life Kerry was bigger than Kevin, but in the movie Kevin is much bigger.

I could only make up to right before Japan trip but from what I saw I agree on all parts here. Brolin was too big for Kevin as well. His face made me think of the Cher movie with the kid with that abnormal head.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target

I imagine it is hard to find guys big enough to portray rasslers and be decent actors. At some point you just gotta suspend belief or whatever that theory is.

Arguably the best Batman was Keaton who was nowhere near the physical specimen needed for the role. I'm a Bale guy tho, he was the total package.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I imagine it is hard to find guys big enough to portray rasslers and be decent actors. At some point you just gotta suspend belief or whatever that theory is.

Arguably the best Batman was Keaton who was nowhere near the physical specimen needed for the role. I'm a Bale guy tho, he was the total package.
You can come closer than they did, though. That was basically the equivalent of a late season Mazi playing 1 Tech or Duece at RB.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life

I watched it last night and agree with everything you said.

It took me a few minutes to believe it was actually Zac Efron, and then when I did, I couldn't believe that they didn't somehow CGI his head onto that body. I never thought he was built like that.

Top Bottom