Must See Movies

D

Deuce

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is in my top 5. I agree on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, it always seems to get forgotten but it always delivers when you watch it. I'd rather see it 10 times out of 10 over something like Planes, Trains.

Another classic that probably is at the tail end of a top 10 is The Great Outdoors.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have watched it multiple times.

Good for chuckles, but I seriously don't get the hype as OMG GR8EST EVA.

Brick was awesome, but that was the extent of the awesomeness to me.

I also don't think it was Ferrell's best work for that matter.
I liked it the best...also, The Other Guys is greatness too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is in my top 5. I agree on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, it always seems to get forgotten but it always delivers when you watch it. I'd rather see it 10 times out of 10 over something like Planes, Trains.

Another classic that probably is at the tail end of a top 10 is The Great Outdoors.
The Great Outdoors is great...I'll add Happy Gilmore and Tommy Boy as well.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You are judging the whole franchise. Not each movie individually. Not sure how that is hard to grasp.
Seems to me that judging the franchise should basically be the sum of the quality of each individual movie, which means you also have to evaluate each one independently.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Seems to me that judging the franchise should basically be the sum of the quality of each individual movie, which means you also have to evaluate each one independently.
Yeah. Who can say they liked the real Dumb and Dumber 2 movie that c a me out a few years ago with the substitute actors.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have watched it multiple times.

Good for chuckles, but I seriously don't get the hype as OMG GR8EST EVA.

Brick was awesome, but that was the extent of the awesomeness to me.

I also don't think it was Ferrell's best work for that matter.
Based on this I would not recommend watching the second. Looks like we have the same view on anchorman and I couldn't get through all of the second one.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That genre for me...

1. Caddyshack
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Something About Mary
4. Ghostbusters
5. Stepbrothers
I could agree with this list, except I would obviously put D&D at the top.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah. Who can say they liked the real Dumb and Dumber 2 movie that c a me out a few years ago with the substitute actors.
I don't consider that abomination part of the franchise.

D

Deuce

That was a cheap knockoff movie made by a studio without the writers or actors involved. They were just trying to cash in on a hit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That was a cheap knockoff movie made by a studio without the writers or actors involved. They were just trying to cash in on a hit.
Still it was Dumb and Dumber 11 or 2. That's why the current movie had to use "To".

D

Deuce

Still it was Dumb and Dumber 11 or 2. That's why the current movie had to use "To".
It was called Dumb and Dumberer. Still, if nobody invoved in the original or the new sequal will claim it in any way than it doesn't belong in the "series".

Carp

DCC 4Life
Zoolander is in the mix as well...that movie holds up well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Three Amigos is an alltimer for me as well. Chevy was money.

As an aside...Scrooged is an excellent holiday movie.

D

Deuce

Since there's too many to count, I'll throw my top 10 out.

1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Anchorman
3. Ghostbusters
4. Caddyshack
5. Ace Venture: Pet Detective
6. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
7. Groundhog Day
8. Blazing Saddles
9. The Great Outdoors
10. Spaceballs

Stepbrothers would probably be 11.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I haven't watch ghostbusters in a really long time. I need to break that one out.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Speaking of Blazing Saddles I snicker every time ED posts. Must be in my top 10.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Since there's too many to count, I'll throw my top 10 out.

1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Anchorman
3. Ghostbusters
4. Caddyshack
5. Ace Venture: Pet Detective
6. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
7. Groundhog Day
8. Blazing Saddles
9. The Great Outdoors
10. Spaceballs

Stepbrothers would probably be 11.
I think the genre must be clarified, as far as "spoofs" are concerned Airplane is the GOAT hands down, you have two Mel Brooks movies, but his best is Young Frankenstein (again no contest) and you are missing Monty Python, you can not make a comedy top ten and not have Monty Python in there. If it's just comedy, The Party is a must (way better than Ace Ventura...).
The best "franchises" have to be Naked Gun and Pink Panther.

D

Deuce

I think the genre must be clarified, as far as "spoofs" are concerned Airplane is the GOAT hands down, you have two Mel Brooks movies, but his best is Young Frankenstein (again no contest).
Young Frankenstein is good, but overrated.

and you are missing Monty Python, you can not make a comedy top ten and not have Monty Python in there..
Again, good but overrated. It's in the top 15.

If it's just comedy, The Party is a must (way better than Ace Ventura...).
GTFO
The best "franchises" have to be Naked Gun and Pink Panther.
Feh. Naked Gun's are good, but not great. I'd rather watch Hot Shots more than any of those. Pink Panther bores me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was called Dumb and Dumberer. Still, if nobody invoved in the original or the new sequal will claim it in any way than it doesn't belong in the "series".
So what do you do with all the Batman and Superman series that had different actors , director s etc.? Don't use the reboot approach here because that isn't legitimate in my opinion because it's also different directors actors etc., just like Dumb and Dumberer. Not mention all the other super hero movies.

Top Bottom