Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fantastic is pretty high marks for that movie. The first one is no doubt one of my favorite movies ever. This one had some funny movies but it just seemed forced.
It didn't feel forced at all to me. They did things very similar to the first one to tie them together. Well done, IMO.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It didn't feel forced at all to me. They did things very similar to the first one to tie them together. Well done, IMO.
They had as many failed jokes as you have on the DCC.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Carp

DCC 4Life
I feel like Jim Carrey could just take a 45 minute shit on screen and Iamtdg would jerk off about it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Debate...Anchorman 1/2 vs Dumb and Dumber 1/2.

I go Anchorman.

Cotton

Staff member
I feel like Jim Carrey could just take a 45 minute shit on screen and Iamtdg would jerk off about it.
Well, most of his stuff has been amazing, so yeah, probably.

Cotton

Staff member
Debate...Anchorman 1/2 vs Dumb and Dumber 1/2.

I go Anchorman.
I need more time... plus, I need to watch Anchorman 2.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Dumb and Dumber 1 was better than Anchorman 1.

Anchorman 2 was better than Dumber and Dumber 2.

Cotton

Staff member
None of them are as good as Ghostbusters
I don't know, man. I love me some Ghostbusters, but D&D is in classic status as well.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know. That is a tough one. Dumb and Dumber 1 was one of the greatest ever. 2 sucked, so that makes it hard.
You thought 2 sucked? I can't agree with that at all.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Planes Trains and Automobiles is another pretty good one that stands the test of time.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You thought 2 sucked? I can't agree with that at all.
It was just ok. It could never stand on its own. Imagine there was not a 1 and see how it stacks up against other comedies.

Cotton

Staff member
It was just ok. It could never stand on its own. Imagine there was not a 1 and see how it stacks up against other comedies.
Just okay is a long way from sucked. And, you can't take it alone. You can't do that with any sequels. It's not a fair assessment.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Just okay is a long way from sucked. And, you can't take it alone. You can't do that with any sequels. It's not a fair assessment.
That answers my question. Your homerism for Carey and dumb and dumber 1 has given you a foggy viewpoint about 2.

When comparing the franchises I'd have to look at the films individually. 2 can't stand on its own at all

Cotton

Staff member
That answers my question. Your homerism for Carey and dumb and dumber 1 has given you a foggy viewpoint about 2.

When comparing the franchises I'd have to look at the films individually. 2 can't stand on its own at all
I disagree. You have to look at the franchise as a whole, since, you know, you are comparing the franchises, not the individual movies.

And, yeah, I'm a Carey mark. That's not news.

Top Bottom