Jiggyfly

Banned
My top 10 horror films of the last 5 years, because I'm bored:

You're Next
The Innkeepers
Sinister
The Cabin in the Woods
Maniac
V/H/S 2 (almost completely on the back of "Safe Haven")
The Loved Ones (didn't get US theatrical release till 2012, so I'm counting it)
Curse of Chucky (seriously)
The Woman
The Sacrament
Sinister was great, the opening with the Tree was the creepiest thing I have seen in sometime.

I have Maniac downloaded I need to watch it.

VHS 1 was ok did not know there was a 2.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have apparently reverted to my childhood because I have started watching Clone Wars the animated series. I am actually enjoying it. I always thought before it was a video game.
The Clone Wars is great, there are some great animated series some things just can't be done as well live action.

Young Justice is pretty good as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Clone Wars is great, there are some great animated series some things just can't be done as well live action.

Young Justice is pretty good as well.
Is that seperate than Justice League and if so is it on Netflix streaming?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Is that seperate than Justice League and if so is it on Netflix streaming?
It focuses on the some of the sidekicks of Justice League and some other young superheroes, but the Justice League is involved.

I'm pretty sure it would be on Netflix.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It focuses on the some of the sidekicks of Justice League and some other young superheroes, but the Justice League is involved.

I'm pretty sure it would be on Netflix.
I will check it out. Thanks

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched some Justice League cartoons on Netflix...sometimes cartoons are fun to watch.
Did you watch Batman: The Animated Series back in the 90's?

That's one that I still enjoy today. I bought a couple of seasons on Amazon a few years ago. Watched them a couple of times while I was deployed.

Last edited:

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Did you watch Barman: The Animated Series back in the 90's?

That's one that I still enjoy today. I bought a couple of seasons on Amazon a few years ago. Watched them a couple of times while I was deployed.
Probably the best superhero cartoon of all time. My favorite cartoon is The Real Ghostbusters. It still holds up pretty well, too.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Adventure Time is a good cartoon. It takes a while to realize that it was not made for 5 year olds, rather stoners.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'll bet I am the only one here that remembers the Vigilante. He was a motorcycle riding Cowboy. Something liked Red Ryder on a Harley.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My top 10 horror films of the last 5 years, because I'm bored:

You're Next
The Innkeepers
Sinister
The Cabin in the Woods
Maniac
V/H/S 2 (almost completely on the back of "Safe Haven")
The Loved Ones (didn't get US theatrical release till 2012, so I'm counting it)
Curse of Chucky (seriously)
The Woman
The Sacrament
Not sure I would call Cabin In The Woods a horror film. It was as much satire as anything else. It was an entertaining fun movie, although I think that will offend Rev's sensibilities.

I would include The Conjuring as one of the better true scary movies in recent memory.

I will have to check out some of the others you are talking about. Sinister was good. I think the Insidious movies were not that bad either.

I have had Maniac in my queue for a long time but I have never got around to watching it.

D

Deuce

Probably the best superhero cartoon of all time. My favorite cartoon is The Real Ghostbusters. It still holds up pretty well, too.
The best superhero cartoon of all time was the X-Men cartoon from the mid 90's.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Did you watch Batman: The Animated Series back in the 90's?

I've seen it, very good for sure.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Not sure I would call Cabin In The Woods a horror film. It was as much satire as anything else. It was an entertaining fun movie, although I think that will offend Rev's sensibilities.

I would include The Conjuring as one of the better true scary movies in recent memory.

I will have to check out some of the others you are talking about. Sinister was good. I think the Insidious movies were not that bad either.

I have had Maniac in my queue for a long time but I have never got around to watching it.
I went back and forth on Cabin for the reason you mentioned, but I would call it a horror comedy and it requires knowledge of the genre in order to understand the deconstruction. Plus it pisses off Rev.

The Conjuring probably would have been #11 or so. It was really creepy, but the climactic exorcism scene could have done without all the bigness and loudness. Still very good.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I went back and forth on Cabin for the reason you mentioned, but I would call it a horror comedy and it requires knowledge of the genre in order to understand the deconstruction. Plus it pisses off Rev.

The Conjuring probably would have been #11 or so. It was really creepy, but the climactic exorcism scene could have done without all the bigness and loudness. Still very good.
That is the way I feel about The Conjuring it lost some steam toward the end, same as Mama.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, exorcism snob.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Purge was a let down...I thought that had a chance to be good, but it lost steam at the end.

Top Bottom