Must See Movies

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Apparently Justice League blew it's entire budget on getting Affleck. That movie is going to be a trainwreck. I'd rather see Johnny Chase as Aquaman than Khal Drogo.
Their casting has been pretty spotty. Superman was fine. I'm an Affleck fan, so I'm fine with that too. Drogo can't act. Terrible, unless they just have him communicating silently with his fish. The chick they cast as wonder woman is a flat chested, non acting stick. Horrid. Eisenberg as Luthor has the makings of a disaster, but I'll hope they strike some kind of Ledger gold with that one.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think that the recipe for success in comic movies is different for Marvel and DC respectively. With a Marvel movie you have to dive in headfirst, accept the weirdness and make it work with light touches to make the visuals acceptable. DC, you have to do the Batman thing and re-imagine the universe in a more relatable format. I think they are going to Green Lantern with this and not enough Batman.

JBond

Brand New Member
Frozen and The Lego Movie were both stellar! It's all I got. Having a five year old daughter limits the choices.

D

Deuce

Frozen and The Lego Movie were both stellar! It's all I got. Having a five year old daughter limits the choices.
Frozen will be the death of me. My son hasn't seen The Lego Movie yet but I plan to show it to him soon. I need a change of pace.

JBond

Brand New Member
Frozen will be the death of me. My son hasn't seen The Lego Movie yet but I plan to show it to him soon. I need a change of pace.
My daughter has a Disney karaoke microphone that works with the iPad. I know every word of every song of that movie. The Lego Movie was entertaining for a kids show.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Found a pretty good movie on Netflix streaming, The Red Baron. It is German produced and the props and costuming are uber..

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Edge of Tomorrow was pure badassery.
Cool. Looking forward to it. I'm a Cruise fan and Emily Blunt is hot.

CA: Winter Soldier was good but not OMGZ TEH GREATEST!!1! like some people said. The latest X Men was better.
Those people are fucking cultists. I am getting sick of the "Avengers Bump".

X-Men First Class was fantastic and this sequel was also very good.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
My top 10 horror films of the last 5 years, because I'm bored:

You're Next
The Innkeepers
Sinister
The Cabin in the Woods
Maniac
V/H/S 2 (almost completely on the back of "Safe Haven")
The Loved Ones (didn't get US theatrical release till 2012, so I'm counting it)
Curse of Chucky (seriously)
The Woman
The Sacrament

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought the Insidious movies were really good...Sinister was greatness.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I thought the Insidious movies were really good...Sinister was greatness.
Insidious had me by the balls until all the "oh, by the way" stuff about the dad's childhood and the overdone effects in the final 1/3. It kind of felt like two way different movies stuck together.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have apparently reverted to my childhood because I have started watching Clone Wars the animated series. I am actually enjoying it. I always thought before it was a video game.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have apparently reverted to my childhood because I have started watching Clone Wars the animated series. I am actually enjoying it. I always thought before it was a video game.
I watched some Justice League cartoons on Netflix...sometimes cartoons are fun to watch.

Top Bottom