Must See Movies

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Movies have gone downhill because Idiocracy was a documentary.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The streaming services pay for the rights to have those movies. The money is there. Hell half the time you still have to pay a fee to rent the movie. And a pretty high fee at that.The money is there especially if it's a movie worth paying that additional fee for.

Yep. Exactly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just wonder if movie theaters are going to be a thing of the past sooner rather than later.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I just wonder if movie theaters are going to be a thing of the past sooner rather than later.
Maybe, and at this point I'm alright with it even though there was a day where I'd see tons of movies in the theater. The home experience has been raised pretty high nowadays.

But the big reason I think movie theaters aren't going to be missed by a lot of people is the expense. It's gotten worse and worse over the years.

It's funny because I feel like live sports have essentially done the same thing. Made it so expensive that it's driven people home.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I finally got around to watching 'The Gray Man'. I thought it was a very solid action/spy movie. It felt like Chris Evans sampled Ryan Reynolds for his character (Lloyd).

Also, Evans delivered one of the best lines in recent cinema history during a fight scene: "Let's see if these moves fuck."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe, and at this point I'm alright with it even though there was a day where I'd see tons of movies in the theater. The home experience has been raised pretty high nowadays.

But the big reason I think movie theaters aren't going to be missed by a lot of people is the expense. It's gotten worse and worse over the years.

It's funny because I feel like live sports have essentially done the same thing. Made it so expensive that it's driven people home.
Yeah took 3 kids to the movies. Ended up spending like 70 bucks. A lot of money to see a terrible cartoon movie.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Awesome scene, maybe the best in the whole movie. Love the way he chokes on his food when the guy says it’s his wife’s fathers place. Very convincing. Also all of the drive belts in the background…hanging nooses

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
the second kid to play Engelberg was shockingly fat, I've decided

vlcsnap-2022-08-24-15h31m36s531.jpg

Top Bottom