Must See Movies

shoop

Semi-contributing member
All is forgiven. I understand the dislike of the prequels and sequels but never the original

Foobio

DCC 4Life
I got the idea that I would watch Die Hard this morning. So I see that it’s on Amazon Prime Video and when I hit play it was nothing but commercials. What the fuck is this shit? Is this a recent change?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I got the idea that I would watch Die Hard this morning. So I see that it’s on Amazon Prime Video and when I hit play it was nothing but commercials. What the fuck is this shit? Is this a recent change?
I have yet to see commercials on Prime. That's dumb.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I see what it was, @Foobio.

You were watching @Iamtdg -err, I mean IMDB tv. That is loaded with commercials. Bad ones too.

BTW, I did what the guy suggested at the beginning, making fists with my toes and that shit was dead on.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
I see what it was, @Foobio.

You were watching @Iamtdg -err, I mean IMDB tv. That is loaded with commercials. Bad ones too.

BTW, I did what the guy suggested at the beginning, making fists with my toes and that shit was dead on.
You‘re right. I see what I did wrong now. I needed to scroll down for the ad free version. Which is “rent or buy” of course. :mad:

Good movie though, a little corny in spots but overall a solid action classic.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Im a Clint Eastwood mark. Will generally see anything he puts out so was wanting to see Cry Macho. Through a deal that HBO was offering we signed up for the top tier of HBO Max over the weekend. Noticed that I could watch Cry Macho so was able to watch it last night.

Wished I could get my 2 hours back now. Hope he gets a chance to redeem himself because that was not good.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Im a Clint Eastwood mark. Will generally see anything he puts out so was wanting to see Cry Macho. Through a deal that HBO was offering we signed up for the top tier of HBO Max over the weekend. Noticed that I could watch Cry Macho so was able to watch it last night.

Wished I could get my 2 hours back now. Hope he gets a chance to redeem himself because that was not good.

That's what I read which is disappointing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That just seems really weird to me.
It was from back in the 90's when the two companies published a bunch of crossover stuff. It helped them make money, but soon after Marvel realized it undermined their characters ( a lot of whom are based on DC characters but with a new spin) and they put a stop to all of these crossovers.

And now with Marvel's insane cinematic success I doubt we'll ever see another DC/Marvel crossover again.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yep my grandpa was visiting. He really likes Clint Eastwood so we watched the movie. At the end even he was like, wow that wasn't good. I agree, it was two hours of shit. Wish we would have watch Gran Torino or The Mule. After those two this one was just such a stinker in comparison.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

So it was just like The Mule? Or pretty much whatever he has made since Gran Torino?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So it was just like The Mule? Or pretty much whatever he has made since Gran Torino?
Dont know how I missed that one but haven't seen it.

He should have stopped at Gran Torino.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont know how I missed that one but haven't seen it.

He should have stopped at Gran Torino.
I liked The Mule a lot.

This movie about a rooster and kid in Mexico though? Just awful. Made little sense, was boring as shit, and just poorly done in every aspect.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have given Cry Macho about 45 minutes.

My God.

This is worse than I thought it would be.

I figured it would be dumb frick premise, but with charm.

This is walk out of the theater bad. I am struggling here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom