Must See Movies

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You do need to watch Breaking Bad, though. It will hook you from episode 1 and not a single bad episode throughout the series.

It has to be one of my top 3 series of all time. Its one that you can watch over and over and not get tired.

The concept and story seem interesting but I never seem to get around to that sort of stuff.

ZeroClub

UFA
I never saw the Sopranos but this looks great.
About a month ago I began watching the Sopranos for the first time. I'm in mid season 2. It's quite good, of course, and stands up well even though it's a couple of decades old by now. I only watch when I'm on my stationary bike. When I finish this series, I'll pedal over to Breaking Bad, The Wire, or something similar.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The concept and story seem interesting but I never seem to get around to that sort of stuff.
Yeah the movie looks good to me. I watched some Sapranos but was not really into it. I actually think I'd enjoy the movie more.

Series are hard for me. It takes a lot of dedication for me to watch something every single week to keep up. The last show I actually think I was that dedicated to was Game of Thrones. But HBO was easy because I could always catch up the next day if I missed it. Plus Sunday nights worked for me unless the Cowboys played.

The other hard part about TV series is unless I watch them with my wife she always falls behind and then doesn't want to watch it because she is lost. So then I have to find time to watch when she isn't around and that's not super often. Plus now she usually makes her not around time during football.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm not a TV guy. It's pretty rare for me to watch a series, especially back in the day when you couldn't binge watch.

I've never seen the Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Lost, 24...I can't think of any of the others but really I've seen none of the iconic TV shows from the past couple decades.

The only exceptions I've made is The Witcher, and anything Star Wars related.
I never watched the Sopranos, Games of Thrones or 24. Not one single episode. I gave up on Lost about half way through since it felt like a vortex of hell.

Breaking Bad was excellent though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I haven't either.

But I'll second the others... You must watch Breaking Bad. Completely awesome, from start to finish. Probably my favorite series of all time.
I think it is pretty easily my favorite of all time.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I just watched the sopranos this year. Pretty solid. I enjoyed 24 for the first 3(?) seasons then it became wash rinse repeat on the storylines. Lost was phenomenal for 3-4 seasons and then Went down the rabbit hole. Breaking bad was strangely addictive. Never seen the wire. Better call Saul I like as much or more than breaking bad. Game of Thrones was good but somehow got lost in the final season.
my favorite show of all time is Psych. Goofy detective-show that has an abundance of jokes and cameos from the 80s and 90s

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm not a TV guy. It's pretty rare for me to watch a series, especially back in the day when you couldn't binge watch.

I've never seen the Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Lost, 24...I can't think of any of the others but really I've seen none of the iconic TV shows from the past couple decades.

Samesies, but I've also not watch The Witcher or Star Wars.

Correction, I did watch Episode 4 about a year ago but it sucked.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I thought I was the only one like that. :unsure I'd rather watch sports, history, documentaries, that kind of thing.

Though I did start watching Sopranos last year when HBO gave it away when Covid hit, and thought it was excellent. Actually wished I'd binged harder to see more of them. I need to catch more of them on HBO Max.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Is this true?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Is this true?

Evidently.

• Access is a fictional character owned by both DC Comics and Marvel Comics. He was intended both as a way to explain the events of the story as well as a means to enable more such crossovers in the future.

Cotton

Staff member
Evidently.

• Access is a fictional character owned by both DC Comics and Marvel Comics. He was intended both as a way to explain the events of the story as well as a means to enable more such crossovers in the future.

That just seems really weird to me.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Samesies, but I've also not watch The Witcher or Star Wars.

Correction, I did watch Episode 4 about a year ago but it sucked.
Star Wars 4? A new hope?
Disowned.
Especially if you remember that movie was made in 1978. Special effects are still better than some of the garbage they put out now.
The Witcher was good but confusing. They don’t tell you that they are hopping on a timeline and at least two of the main characters don’t age and another they did a poor job of showing it. Watch it but pull up a time line for it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Star Wars 4? A new hope?
Disowned.
Especially if you remember that movie was made in 1978. Special effects are still better than some of the garbage they put out now.
The Witcher was good but confusing. They don’t tell you that they are hopping on a timeline and at least two of the main characters don’t age and another they did a poor job of showing it. Watch it but pull up a time line for it.
He isn't talking about A New Hope. Its either episode 1 or 7 that he watched.

Top Bottom