Must See Movies

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Nobody goes to the movies anymore. They watch them at home on their TV.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like the caliber of movies has really gone down and no one goes to the movie theater anymore. I guess covid killed that.

I can't remember the last movie I was excited enough about to want to go to the theater to watch.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I like the movie theater experience a lot but it's not the same anymore. I used to go see just about everything I could. Hell, I saw one of the Ernest movies in the theater. Nowadays the movie has to be a special type of movie that takes advantage of the screen and sound and so forth. It doesn't seem worth it otherwise. Maybe I'm just getting older, maybe it's the expense now, I don't know.

If theaters go away I'll miss seeing stuff like Star Wars on the big screen but that's about it.

Rev

Staff member
With the advances in the TVs and sound systems I really don't see the need to go anywhere.

Plus no parents bringing their infants. Can pause to use the restroom. Can drink some beer that doesn't cost an arm a bottle. I used to go all the time but don't miss it anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With the advances in the TVs and sound systems I really don't see the need to go anywhere.

Plus no parents bringing their infants. Can pause to use the restroom. Can drink some beer that doesn't cost an arm a bottle. I used to go all the time but don't miss it anymore.
Same here. Zero desire to step foot in a theater again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same here. Zero desire to step foot in a theater again.
There is still something nostalgic about it to me I like. But I've got a killer theater room in my house now, bought myself a popcorn popper that is a miniature version of what they have at a theater and can buy my own soda. So my desire to go to a movie is pretty low.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is still something nostalgic about it to me I like. But I've got a killer theater room in my house now, bought myself a popcorn popper that is a miniature version of what they have at a theater and can by my own soda. So my desire to go to a movie is pretty low.
Soda?

Cotton

Staff member
I mean I have a beer fridge in my bar room next to the theater.
I have 3 fridges. I have a beer fridge out in my barn and one in the house. It's a dude thing.

Rev

Staff member
I have 3 fridges. I have a beer fridge out in my barn and one in the house. It's a dude thing.
But do you have a bar room next to your theater?

Cotton

Staff member
But do you have a bar room next to your theater?
Technically, yes. When we do the "theater" thing we put up a projector outside, so my theater is outside, and my barn is right next to where we put up the screen, so I have a "bar fridge" next to my "theater".

data

Forbes #1
There is still something nostalgic about it to me I like. But I've got a killer theater room in my house now, bought myself a popcorn popper that is a miniature version of what they have at a theater and can buy my own soda. So my desire to go to a movie is pretty low.
pics of your killer theater room, please

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That new Netflix movie 'Army of the Dead' was pretty solid, IMO. As long as you go in with reasonable expectations. I thought it was good for what it was.....a 2 1/2 hour zombie action flick that'll keep you entertained but isn't too deep.

They hit on a movie genre that I don't think existed before. It's a zombie-heist movie.

It's a bit cliched in that you can easily forecast things in the plot that will happen later in the movie.

Overall I give it a 2.5 out of 5 stars.

1. One of the things I assumed would happen but didn't was zombies being reanimated by rain. Early in the film one of the female guides mentions that rain will bring zombies back to life for a few hours yet there was no scene with this happening. I'm guessing this may have been something that didn't make the final cut.

2. Zack Snyder already has planned for a sequel. I'm throwing this out there early. Based on the final scene on the private jet, Omari Hardwick's character will be the "Alpha" zombie in the sequel.

Top Bottom