Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
1st time I have seen an extended in trailer and it looks better than I thought.

From the reviews I have read it plays up the comedy much more than what is shown here.
That is not the way it is being marketed though.

It is getting a ton of play in front of horror and thriller movies.

I am watching a ton of movies lately thanks to my kid giving me freebies at his place of work.

It is not being marketed, even in the least, as a comedy or even dark comedy. It is getting play right in front of horror movies.

Given the current state of affairs, how it is being marketed is brilliant, but irresponsible at the same time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I am watching a ton of movies lately thanks to my kid giving me freebies at his place of work.

It is not being marketed, even in the least, as a comedy or even dark comedy. It is getting play right in front of horror movies.

Given the current state of affairs, how it is being marketed is brilliant, but irresponsible at the same time.
Yeah I went to see Split and it was on the previews. Definitely looked like a horror flick.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

I saw that Jordan Peele says the villains in the film are actually patronizing white liberals as opposed to your standard racist white caricature.

In any case, I find the premise intriguing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I saw that Jordan Peele says the villains in the film are actually patronizing white liberals as opposed to your standard racist white caricature.
I can see that.

Jiggyfly

Banned

In any case, I find the premise intriguing.
Yeah, that's what I read as well maybe I should have said satire more than comedy.

It's definitely a riff on The Stepford Wives.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
No doubt. Even Newt agrees with this, which is shocking.

There has to be a way to bring the races together in a two-step process of helping black and brown folks break some cycles.

1. Communities need to own up to their problems within their culture by breaking the poverty mentality that keeps them enslaved.

2. The white community needs to open their damn eyes to what part they have played and build some real bridges.

As a semi-cracker I can say that even as a well intention-ed person I have blind spots that has prevented me from seeing the whole picture. I just wish there was a way to lower the hostility and make some progress.
I completely agree with both statements. Law Enforcement is trying to do this in a big way with the Procedural Justice going on across the nation. Essentially taking on the sins of our past officers, apologizing for them, reaching out to communities to try and establish better relationships moving forward and providing help where we can for them to get there.

One of the problems comes with people who will ever be the victim. No matter how much you try to atone or offer help, it can never be enough. Sadly, there are leaders in the "communty" that push that agenda as well. Not just locally, but nationally. I;m like you skid, I have my limitations on clear vision sometimes and try to push through them, but we need more people on the other side doing the same to meet us in the middle. I pray it happens.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I completely agree with both statements. Law Enforcement is trying to do this in a big way with the Procedural Justice going on across the nation. Essentially taking on the sins of our past officers, apologizing for them, reaching out to communities to try and establish better relationships moving forward and providing help where we can for them to get there.

One of the problems comes with people who will ever be the victim. No matter how much you try to atone or offer help, it can never be enough. Sadly, there are leaders in the "communty" that push that agenda as well. Not just locally, but nationally. I;m like you skid, I have my limitations on clear vision sometimes and try to push through them, but we need more people on the other side doing the same to meet us in the middle. I pray it happens.
I hope it does as well. White people will rarely respond to hostility. Hostility could push to change policy but that doesn't solve the underlying problem, which is race relations.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
People are losing their minds over Lego Batman just like the Lego movie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope it does as well. White people will rarely respond to hostility. Hostility could push to change policy but that doesn't solve the underlying problem, which is race relations.
Ain't it cool where politics bleeds over into everything anymore?

Actually it sucks.

I am tired of politics and I really wonder why on earth it seems to be a daily discussion.

Oh wait, we have a President that makes it necessary.

It is like a daily reality show.

How will Snookie behave today?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ain't it cool where politics bleeds over into everything anymore?

Actually it sucks.

I am tired of politics and I really wonder why on earth it seems to be a daily discussion.

Oh wait, we have a President that makes it necessary.

It is like a daily reality show.

How will Snookie behave today?
Dude, don't make me bring this in here. The president is only half of the equation.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
John Wick 2 was very much a just okay.

It lacked the charm of the first and was basically just the character killing a lot of people.

If that's your thing, it gets four stars out of five.

Looks like they left it open for a third flick. I doubt I watch that one in the theater.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
John Wick 2 was very much a just okay.

It lacked the charm of the first and was basically just the character killing a lot of people.

If that's your thing, it gets four stars out of five.

Looks like they left it open for a third flick. I doubt I watch that one in the theater.
Was afraid that was going to happen. Luckily I dont go to the movies anymore but it just seemed to just be a simple money grab.

Top Bottom