Must See Movies

Carl

RIP Brother
I watched ARGO again, and enjoyed it better 2nd time around. Good film.

Also mildly enjoyed Hitchcock.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Has Abrams said that he's done with Star Trek since he's now doing Star Wars?

I read an article earlier that alluded to as much. Just wondering if he's actually said it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Has Abrams said that he's done with Star Trek since he's now doing Star Wars?

I read an article earlier that alluded to as much. Just wondering if he's actually said it.
I hope so.

He's on a real shit streak.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I hope so.

He's on a real shit streak.
With Star Trek? I haven't seen the new one but the first one was excellent.

If you mean Abrams in general, I agree. He is super overrated IMO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With Star Trek? I haven't seen the new one but the first one was excellent.

If you mean Abrams in general, I agree. He is super overrated IMO.
The new one, from what I have read is crap and I would hope he doesn't ruin the reboot franchise any more.

Kirk dies and is resurrected by Khan superblood. Ala Spock in STIII:TSFS. Really?

I thought Abrams was like this real creative guy and shit. That's bush league.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I saw it Friday afternoon. Thank goodness it was a matinee. I was severely disappointed. It seemed poorly filmed, acting was ok considering what they had to work with and the plot was crap. If you're a total trekie you might like it some, but overall, not so much.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have a recommendation for those of you who receive Netflix streaming. "Day Of The Falcon".

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Really looking forward to the The Purge. I like siege movies and I like my horror with undercover social commentary.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The new Star Trek rates an 87 with critics and an 89 with the people on Rotten Tomatoes. Guess I'll have to get my ass to a movie theatre soon.

D

Deuce

The new Star Trek rates an 87 with critics and an 89 with the people on Rotten Tomatoes. Guess I'll have to get my ass to a movie theatre soon.
I think it scores a 10 with Trekkies. I've read a lot who are pissed with similar complaints to booze's.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think it scores a 10 with Trekkies. I've read a lot who are pissed with similar complaints to booze's.
It should piss off the loyal trekkies more. It is like Abrams got tired of it and wanted to just create unnecessary mystery and dramatics, but ended up just squeezing a wet fart while kind of giving up on his own idea of a canon of his own.

Oh well, he's off to ruin Star Wars now. Maybe then he will be exposed as the fraud he's quickly becoming.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't get how Abrams is suddenly a hack. He directed MI3, Star Trek, and Super 8...all of them are good movies.

D

Deuce

I don't get how Abrams is suddenly a hack. He directed MI3, Star Trek, and Super 8...all of them are good movies.
He isn't a hack, but I don't think MI3 or Super 8 were all that great either.

D

Deuce

I disagree. Star Trek was solid all the way through. I don't remember MI3 too much but Super 8 fizzled at the end. Can't have a good movie with a bad ending.

Top Bottom