MLB Chatter Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
that fucker immediately got better once he left the Yankees :angry

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
In all seriousness, I'd be shocked if he went the season injury free.

I can't blame anyone for thinking he's a ticking time bomb.
Oh, I said it when we got him that injury was a huge concern. But, if he could stay healthy, he would be the best pitcher in baseball.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
In all seriousness, I'd be shocked if he went the season injury free.

I can't blame anyone for thinking he's a ticking time bomb.
Oh, he's already missed over a month and counting, but thankfully they signed a crap ton of starting pitching so deGrom doesn't make or break the rotation. If they can get 100 innings and have him healthy for a playoff run, I'm good with it. Like Cotton mentioned, he's still the best pitcher in baseball when healthy

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Oh, he's already missed over a month and counting, but thankfully they signed a crap ton of starting pitching so deGrom doesn't make or break the rotation. If they can get 100 innings and have him healthy for a playoff run, I'm good with it. Like Cotton mentioned, he's still the best pitcher in baseball when healthy
You can't pay a guy (with his recent injury issues) that much to miss this many games. It may not affect them this year but next season when they try to spend it will.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
QUOTE="Rev, post: 1008794, member: 28"]
You can't pay a guy (with his recent injury issues) that much to miss this many games. It may not affect them this year but next season when they try to spend it will.
[/QUOTE]
I'm not in love with the contract given the injuries, but we can't predict how next year will go. Who's to say he doesn't pull a Verlander next year and start 25+ games with a stupid low ERA onto a deep playoff run? What if he comes back this year and doesn't miss any more significant time and he ends up being dominant in the playoffs, and Texas were to make an unlikely WS run like the Phillies last year? Too early to write off deGrom.

Rev

Staff member
I'm not in love with the contract given the injuries, but we can't predict how next year will go. Who's to say he doesn't pull a Verlander next year and start 25+ games with a stupid low ERA onto a deep playoff run? What if he comes back this year and doesn't miss any more significant time and he ends up being dominant in the playoffs?
Since he hasnt done it since 2019 I think its a pretty good bet its not going to get done.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Braves are on the verge of getting swept by the worst team in MLB history. This is when I have to remind myself it's a marathon not a sprint. :mad

Cotton

Staff member
The Braves are on the verge of getting swept by the worst team in MLB history. This is when I have to remind myself it's a marathon not a sprint. :mad
Sucks to be you. Look at that tweet I posted just above there.

Yes, I am gloating. Y'all beat us.

Rev

Staff member
Sucks to be you. Look at that tweet I posted just above there.

Yes, I am gloating. Y'all beat us.
Look at my reply to that tweet.

Cotton

Staff member
The proper response was, “It’s hard to avoid, since you are constantly talking out if it.”
Damn, missed that opportunity.

Top Bottom