MLB Chatter Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Also, I had to mention that I finally saw those Nike alt uniform abominations with the black pants. One of the ugliest unis I've ever seen.

I guess there's no limit to the gullibility of the public to accept anything as long as it's supposed to be new and cool.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If that dipshit had caught the ball, there wouldn't have been a following day. :sad
True but shit happens.

I'm just not going to crucify Cruz without putting others in the same boat. Washington should have had defensive guys out there.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
True but shit happens.

I'm just not going to crucify Cruz without putting others in the same boat. Washington should have had defensive guys out there.
Oh I'm totally with you on that. He wasn't good on defense. Endy Chavez 100% should've been in there. If Wash had put him in, there's a World Series trophy in Arlington.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm still shook and it has been 12 years now.
You know what hit me? When the great Eric Nadel, who has seen decades of bad baseball and you'd think would be pretty jaded, was asked just a few years ago if he was over that loss. He said no he wasn't, and he never will be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You know what hit me? When the great Eric Nadel, who has seen decades of bad baseball and you'd think would be pretty jaded, was asked just a few years ago if he was over that loss. He said no he wasn't, and he never will be.
When that ball took off and I saw Nellie with the bead on it I just knew it was over. Just to have my heart crushed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Very similar to Tech basketball a few years ago when they went up by 3 with 18 seconds left in the national championship game just to end up losing the game in OT.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Some interesting numbers regarding the impact rule changes have had after the first month of the season.

Rev

Staff member
Some interesting numbers regarding the impact rule changes have had after the first month of the season.

You trying to rile up Carl Fredrickson and Max Goldman?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You trying to rile up Carl Fredrickson and Max Goldman?
Actually I was more interested in the BA and stolen base numbers. I knew once they got rid of extreme defensive shifts we'd see a significant jump in BA across the sport. That number is higher than I expected.

Rev

Staff member
Top Bottom