MLB Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
and it can remain a part of baseball, up to six

Those battles where a hitter keeps fouling off a pitcher are awesome if you like baseball. It's like a chess match.

And often the batter comes away with a hit, because he keeps fouling bad/tough pitches off and forces the pitcher into a mistake.

Honestly you could make the opposite of your argument. If a pitcher can't get a hitter out after that many pitches, does he deserve to get an out? But that's baseball. It's supposed to be a battle. It's some of the best parts of baseball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Those battles where a hitter keeps fouling off a pitcher are awesome if you like baseball. It's like a chess match.

And often the batter comes away with a hit, because he keeps fouling bad/tough pitches off and forces the pitcher into a mistake.

Honestly you could make the opposite of your argument. If a pitcher can't get a hitter out after that many pitches, does he deserve to get an out? But that's baseball. It's supposed to be a battle. It's some of the best parts of baseball.
There is a reason they show the pitch counts. If you can take a pitcher to 10-12 pitches in one at-bat you have put that pitcher at a disadvantage and done well as the batter. This is stupid idea, and exactly what happens when you take god out of baseball.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Why is a foul ball considered a strike but not after two strikes? This is bizarre to me. Nine foul balls is like three strikeouts the pitcher isn't credited with. Foul ball after foul ball is riveting a bore, and about as interesting as adjusting your gloves. Time to tinker with it.

Cotton

Staff member
Why is a foul ball considered a strike but not after two strikes? This is bizarre to me. Nine foul balls is like three strikeouts the pitcher isn't credited with. Foul ball after foul ball is riveting a bore, and about as interesting as adjusting your gloves. Time to tinker with it.
Quit being dumb.

Genghis Khan

Because it would be a cheap strikeout and way too easy for pitchers. It's an awful idea.

Cotton

Staff member
Because it would be a cheap strikeout and way too easy for pitchers. It's an awful idea.
I understand the 3rd foul being a strikeout on a bunt because it is easy to foul a ball off when bunting, but on a regular at-bat, uhh no.

Genghis Khan

Pitchers already generally get batters out 65-70 % of the time. These types of changes would give them way way too much more of an advantage, just from a practical sense.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
IM FOR ALL THE CHANGES!!!

Rev

Staff member
What are the changes?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That would be a pathetic fucking attempt in game 32 of the regular season.

But for him to put forth that sort of effort for the last out to win a World Series?

MF'er shouldn't have been allowed to play in the majors after that.

Cotton

Staff member

But for him to put forth that sort of effort for the last out to win a World Series?

I can tell you, I hold great resentment.

Rev

Staff member

It takes two. The manager should have had a defensive replacement in. It's not like they didn't know his limitations.

Besides they all shat the bed the following day. Just a lot of fail to go around.

Cotton

Staff member
Besides they all shat the bed the following day.
I'm still not sure that would have held true if that dipshit had caught that ball. They would have been in a different mindset.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm still not sure that would have held true if that dipshit had caught that ball. They would have been in a different mindset.
If that dipshit had caught the ball, there wouldn't have been a following day. :sad

Top Bottom