MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's Yuli Gurriel.

I called Bud Selig and demanded he be suspended
Haha... You should have called Paul Tagliabue. Jokes on you!!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is probably the most unreal World Series I've ever seen..... Probably even the best one from a pure entertainment standpoint.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

I have never seen anything like this World Series in my entire life of watching baseball.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION]

I bet you're losing your mind watching this.

:lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Sounds like I've been missing out on some great finishes. I've only been watching in bits and pieces but judging by what I've been reading and seeing it sounds as if one of the things that is biting the Dodgers in the ass is that they've been unnecessarily going to their bullpen too early.

I can't remember who said it but I agree with this take: As hot as the Astros bats are you can't treat this as a normal regular season game, assuming that as soon as you get up 1 or 2 runs that you can just turn it over to your bullpen to manage that lead for the next 4 innings. If the starting pitcher is still pitching well leave him out there to keep the bullpen fresh and to your advantage.

Teixeira made a good point as well. He mentioned that the Dodgers going to the bullpen too often has weakened what was supposed to be their advantage. Everyday players don't get tired but pitchers do.....example, Morrow.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Sounds like I've been missing out on some great finishes. I've only been watching in bits and pieces but judging by what I've been reading and seeing it sounds as if one of the things that is biting the Dodgers in the ass is that they've been unnecessarily going to their bullpen too early.

I can't remember who said it but I agree with this take: As hot as the Astros bats are you can't treat this as a normal regular season game, assuming that as soon as you get up 1 or 2 runs that you can just turn it over to your bullpen to manage that lead for the next 4 innings. If the starting pitcher is still pitching well leave him out there to keep the bullpen fresh and to your advantage.

Teixeira made a good point as well. He mentioned that the Dodgers going to the bullpen too often has weakened what was supposed to be their advantage. Everyday players don't get tired but pitchers do.....example, Morrow.
I think the Astros have been guilty of the same thing, but it's hurt the Dodgers more because as you said, for them the bullpen was supposed to be a strength.

Morton should not have come out for the Astros when he did on Saturday night, but both the Astros and Dodgers are huge on this whole analytics thing, and that's the basis for why they pull their starters when they do.

Last night was incredible, as has this entire series been. This is easily the most entertaining baseball series I have ever witnessed, and last night was the single greatest baseball game I've ever seen.

If Verlander can give them 7 good innings tomorrow night, I think the Astros are going to be champions.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Me and my friend would have a serious argument if he did something like this. Wouldn't end the friendship but I'd be pissed for at least a few weeks.

Catching a home run in the World Series is a once in a lifetime event. This ain't some mid-summer regular season game against the Brewers. That MFer would owe me big time.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Me and my friend would have a serious argument if he did something like this. Wouldn't end the friendship but I'd be pissed for at least a few weeks.

Catching a home run in the World Series is a once in a lifetime event. This ain't some mid-summer regular season game against the Brewers. That MFer would owe me big time.

She was okay with it. She just wanted to throw it back herself. See the story below:

Story behind man ripping World Series ball out of fan's hand
By Matt Young, Chron.com / Houston Chronicle

When FOX cameras caught an Astros fan ripping a Dodgers home run ball out of another's fan hands and throwing it back onto the field, it seemed for sure there would be a fight in the stands - or at the very least two people who wouldn't be talking to each other for a long time.

Instead, just an inning later, they were laughing about it.

It helps that Sarah Head and Kirk Head are in-laws and that Sarah has a sense of humor.

When Yasiel Puig hit a two-run homer in the top of the ninth inning that cut the Astros' Game 5 lead to 12-11, Sarah wound up with the ball. She briefly celebrated her prize. Very briefly. Kirk reached around his brother and snatched the ball out of Sarah's hands and threw it back on the field.

It's a Minute Maid Park tradition that all home runs from the visiting team get thrown back.

Sarah knew all about that tradition and was totally cool with it.

"I just would have liked to have been able to throw it back myself," Sarah said.

Kirk said he didn't have the patience to wait on Sarah, especially with his Astros in the process of blowing a three-run lead.

"It's bad karma to keep it," Kirk said. "You've got to throw it back. I was just making sure she did."

1bigfan13

Staff member
I guess he's off the hook then. I didn't know there were brothers.

Cotton

Staff member
I guess he's off the hook then. I didn't know there were brothers.
I don't give a shit about no damn tradition. That was a record setting homerun. I keep that ball, tradition be damned.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I love how they say its a Minute Maid tradition. I've seen people throw balls back at other stadiums.

Cotton

Staff member
I love how they say its a Minute Maid tradition. I've seen people throw balls back at other stadiums.
Yeah, it's a pretty common practice.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't give a shit about no damn tradition. That was a record setting homerun. I keep that ball, tradition be damned.
I'm with you. Unless you are EXTREMELY lucky you're never going to catch a World Series home run ball again in your life.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm with you. Unless you are EXTREMELY lucky you're never going to catch a World Series home run ball again in your life.
No doubt.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's a World Series ball.....if that were my brother, I would've punched him in the nose.

Cotton

Staff member
This may not set well with some of the other Rangers fans, but I'm pulling for the Stros to pull this out.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
This may not set well with some of the other Rangers fans, but I'm pulling for the Stros to pull this out.
I always root for Texas teams. Kind of annoying most Houstonians root against the Cowboys but whatever. Go Stros!

Top Bottom