MLB Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

He has struggled badly with control this season. Not sure the Rays would accept him as a centerpiece right now unless they have confidence they can straighten him out, and the other pieces in the deal are very strong.
I think he has an arm and/or elbow issue that they've been trying to work around which has caused his command problems. All around a bad sounding scenario to me.

D

Deuce

Another mystery team, this time for Asdrubal Cabrera. Nice player despite his retarded name.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Craig has been on a major down swing since the ASB of last year. Cards probably think it's more than a funk.
Kelly was the big get in that deal, but a RH hitter to Fenway is a dream.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Andrew Miller to Baltimore.

D

Deuce

Now the Yankees supposedly want in on Price. They don't have near the ammo to pull it off, but just the thought of him in pinstripes and facing us 5 or 6 times a year...

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think he has an arm and/or elbow issue that they've been trying to work around which has caused his command problems. All around a bad sounding scenario to me.
So many damn elbow issues among pitchers these days. How many of these ace level prospects have had to have TJ in the minors or within their first couple seasons in MLB? I'd like to see more high-end pitching in the Cubs system but I really like that they have stockpiled some seriously promising young bats. Most of these guys will be up next year and the year after and won't cost much for several years. They'll have plenty of money to spend on a couple of frontline starters and the bullpen.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Maybe, but how much will it help?

Craig's splits since last ASB are .254/.318/.365; a .304 wOBA and a .111 ISO.
Change of scenery...Sox seem to hit on guys like him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kind of wish we'd do something with Murphy...Oak and SF certainly need 2B help.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Now the Yankees supposedly want in on Price. They don't have near the ammo to pull it off, but just the thought of him in pinstripes and facing us 5 or 6 times a year...

They don't have near enough in the minors to get Price.

D

Deuce

I don't want to sound greedy, but I'm passing on a deal with the Pirates too. All their top talent is pitching and while we don't have the surplus we once had at it, hitting is a huge need.

Dodgers or Cards or bust imo.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Latest rumor mill talk is Tigers, Mariners, and Cardinals in talks for Price. Certainly wouldn't rule out the LAD, but they probably don't even need him to win the NL.

D

Deuce

Latest rumor mill talk is Tigers, Mariners, and Cardinals in talks for Price. Certainly wouldn't rule out the LAD, but they probably don't even need him to win the NL.
Tigers prospects just don't do it for me for whatever reason. I've been eying the Cards for a long time but damn if they won't give up Taveras for anything.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Tigers prospects just don't do it for me for whatever reason. I've been eying the Cards for a long time but damn if they won't give up Taveras for anything.
I don't think they really have any top-shelf guys right now. They would probably offer quantity over quality. Or maybe their best prospects are just so far away that they aren't making any of the lists right now. Not sure. Don't know much about the condition of their system right now except that they aren't landing anyone on the top 100 lists except for Castellanos, who is a full-fledged rookie at this point and no longer a prospect. Having a pretty meh rookie year too.

Also:

2:31pm: A three-team mix could be in the offing, according to reports. Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweets that there were discussions of such a deal involving Price and the Tigers and Mariners. And Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times tweets that a three-team arrangement is under discussion now.

2:14pm: The Tigers appear to be the front-runner on Price at the moment, tweets Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News.

D

Deuce

Apparently a deal is close for Price and it's a 3 team deal. Sure, I'll take a mixture of top guys from different teams.

D

Deuce

I don't think they really have any top-shelf guys right now. They would probably offer quantity over quality. Or maybe their best prospects are just so far away that they aren't making any of the lists right now. Not sure. Don't know much about the condition of their system right now except that they aren't landing anyone on the top 100 lists except for Castellanos, who is a full-fledged rookie at this point and no longer a prospect. Having a pretty meh rookie year too.
Ya, I've read that any deal with them would start with Smyly and hopefully Castellanos and then some prospect add ins. Still, not the deal I'm looking for.

D

Deuce

Rosenthal saying LHP Enny Romero may be involved in a Price deal.

Ehhh, WTF? That kid is a future top of the rotation possibility. We better be getting back a freaking farm.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Tigers To Acquire David Price
By Jeff Todd [July 31, 2014 at 2:54pm CDT]
The Tigers have agreed to acquire David Price from the Rays, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The deal is a three-way trade between the Tigers, Rays, and Mariners.

Austin Jackson will go to the Mariners, per a tweet from Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, with Nick Franklin and Drew Smyly heading to Tampa, according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune (via Twitter).
--------------------------------------

Drew Smyly and Nick Franklin? For David Price? Surely there must be more. Has to be.

Top Bottom