MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Oakland doesn't have the bucks to sign Lester long-term, so that's a lot to give up for a "rental" pitcher.
They just got out from a big deal in Cespedes...they may have the money to do it. Also, if you are the A's, very rarely in this spot, you go for it. Too many teams and fans overvalue their prospects, often times you develop players to be able to make deals like this and for Samarjia.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They just got out from a big deal in Cespedes...they may have the money to do it. Also, if you are the A's, very rarely in this spot, you go for it. Too many teams and fans overvalue their prospects, often times you develop players to be able to make deals like this and for Samarjia.
If they don't win it all and Lester signs elsewhere, will it be worth it then? As a Yankee fan, I'm just glad he didn't land in Bmore.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If they don't win it all and Lester signs elsewhere, will it be worth it then? As a Yankee fan, I'm just glad he didn't land in Bmore.
They have to take a shot though. ..they have a real chance.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cardinals get John Lackey for Allen Craig and Pitcher Joe Kelley.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
What is so great about Cespedes?

.260 hitter. Never hit 30 HRs. Strikes out a ton and doesn't walk.

I guess he has some speed, maybe Boston will let him steal more than the A's.

Lester will be more than worth the rental if they win the Series with that stupid good rotation.

Samardzija
Lester
Gray
Kazmir

D

Deuce

Lester will be more than worth the rental if they win the Series with that stupid good rotation.

Samardzija
Lester
Gray
Kazmir
Anything is worth the price if you get the Series. But he's a legit top shelf player when he's hot. If someone could calm him down at the plate, he'd hit .280ish.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Samardzija
Lester
Gray
Kazmir
Probably will hit for more power in Boston than in Oakland and he's an excellent defensive outfielder with a cannon arm. Very good all-around player in his prime for a pitcher they decided to let go to free agency. What's not to like?

D

Deuce

Cmon Dodgers, get antsy with all the other teams making a move and bite the bullet on Price. It'll only cost you Urias and either Seager or Pederson.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Cmon Dodgers, get antsy with all the other teams making a move and bite the bullet on Price. It'll only cost you Urias and either Seager or Pederson.
They'd better get something along those lines. Earlier this month they passed on a package from the A's that would have included Addison Russell. Running out of time to make a deal today though so if it doesn't happen in the next couple hours you're going to have to wait until the offseason, and the return usually isn't quite as high then as it is in July.

D

Deuce

They'd better get something along those lines. Earlier this month they passed on a package from the A's that would have included Addison Russell. Running out of time to make a deal today though so if it doesn't happen in the next couple hours you're going to have to wait until the offseason, and the return usually isn't quite as high then as it is in July.
If it happens, it happens. I'd like to move him for some studs, but if teams aren't willing to pay than be patient and wait til December. Despite publicly stating they won't give up any of the 3, supposedly the Dodgers have discussed giving up Pederson in a deal for Price. If he's the only one of the 3, there better be some good added pieces of the deal.

It'd also be nice to flip Zobrist and maybe Joyce today as well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...I like what the Sox got back in both deals. Craig seems like a Boston type and I like Kelly. Obviously, Cesepedes too.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
My fear is that it ends up being the Mariners with Taijuan Walker as the centerpiece. 6 months ago I would have taken that with open arms. Now, not so sure.
He has struggled badly with control this season. Not sure the Rays would accept him as a centerpiece right now unless they have confidence they can straighten him out, and the other pieces in the deal are very strong.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
There was talk they would do that for Tulo. Curious about Castro, but that is a winter deal.
I'm curious about Castro too. I really think he's the odd man out. On the record they're committed to him but I'm not buying it. Assuming he'll be shopped hard this winter. Needs to bounce back a bit. Had an excellent first half but has really struggled in July.

D

Deuce

As an aside...I like what the Sox got back in both deals. Craig seems like a Boston type and I like Kelly. Obviously, Cesepedes too.
Craig has been on a major down swing since the ASB of last year. Cards probably think it's more than a funk.

Top Bottom