Machota: Jerry Jones doesn’t fear possibility this could be Dak Prescott’s last year with Cowboys

p1_

DCC 4Life
Lance is interesting because I don't know if he ever outright sucked. The 49ers at one point had the guy penciled as their starter. But he just kept getting hurt. Then a seventh round pick out of nowhere took the job and ran with it. Not saying Lance is good, but he hasn't been on the field much at all because of injuries. Last year was his healthiest season because he was learning as our third string guy.
Let’s see an open competition with Rush. Should tell you what you need to know.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think they'd have gotten rid of him for a fourth if his only problem were health.

Personally, I don't see anything of out him, in college or his few snaps in the NFL.
So the counter to that is why did the 2022 49ers name him the starter over Garoppolo? Did they just not know what they were doing? Of course he promptly got hurt in like the second game. That's was obviously a really good 49ers team so it wasn't like they were just rebuilding and had to see what they had.

His most significant playing time was his rookie year. I honestly don't remember it but his stats weren't bad. Did he look bad?

All of this to say does it really matter. If you can't stay healthy who cares if you are good. And his first two years his seasons were ruined by injuries. His third year he sat on our bench.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think they'd have gotten rid of him for a fourth if his only problem were health.

Personally, I don't see anything of out him, in college or his few snaps in the NFL.
Were you really watching him in college?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
So the counter to that is why did the 2022 49ers name him the starter over Garoppolo? Did they just not know what they were doing? Of course he promptly got hurt in like the second game. That's was obviously a really good 49ers team so it wasn't like they were just rebuilding and had to see what they had.

His most significant playing time was his rookie year. I honestly don't remember it but his stats weren't bad. Did he look bad?

All of this to say does it really matter. If you can't stay healthy who cares if you are good. And his first two years his seasons were ruined by injuries. His third year he sat on our bench.
Agree with this. The same scouts and coach found Purdy.
This isn’t the Cowboys we are talking about with their goofy dart board drafting mentality.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's what I figured. You didn't watch him in college.
No, but I've watched the highlights. I just wasn't impressed.

And I have nothing against him. It would be best for the team if he turned into a star. I do think McCarthy is good with QBs, so maybe he has a chance to develop. But I didn't see why he was drafted so high. Just my amateur opinion, obviously.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I'm guessing them playing him had more to do with Garoppolo sucking, plus the high investment they made in Lance. You almost have to play him at some point. Lance never looked good to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm guessing them playing him had more to do with Garoppolo sucking, plus the high investment they made in Lance. You almost have to play him at some point. Lance never looked good to me.
Yeah I'm not here to defend what he did or didn't do during the regular season. The sample size is too small. None of us really have a clue what he can do until we actually see him play in preseason.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Trey Lance could grow out a sick skullet.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I seem to recall booze threatening to ban the next person that posted Spagnola's shit here...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I seem to recall booze threatening to ban the next person that posted Spagnola's shit here...
It's good housekeeping, though.

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
It is more about how this franchise has handled the QB position. Inherited Aikman. Then we saw that shit, no need to mention names like Tony Banks, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson or Drew Henson. Tripped over their own dicks to get decent enough with Romo and now Prescott. But they wanted Paxton Lynch the last time they were serious about QB.
Jerry struck gold finding Romo and Prescott for little to nothing. The problem is he just isnt a good enough GM to build a championship team around either of them.

Many have short memories of what it was like in between Aikman and Romo watching Jerry bumble his way trying to find a franchise QB.

I dread the day when we have no QB and Jerry actually has to try and find one. Both Romo and Dak are top 10 QBs. Is Jerry going to find another one? A top 5 QB? What are the odds?

And the resources Jerry will blow trying to find one? It will be a disaster. Only way he has a chance is to trade Dak for a bunch of picks.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And the resources Jerry will blow trying to find one? It will be a disaster. Only way he has a chance is to trade Dak for a bunch of picks.
I'd like to unpack this a bit

I think the resources Jerry is spending on our current QB is already and about to become even more of a disaster, and his current shitshow of a contract is only a taste of what's to come.

I would also say that trading Dak for a bunch of picks isn't the only way (though it would be awesome if it came to pass-- about a 0.5% chance if you ask me).

We can use a regular draft pick on a solid prospect (like Penix Jr who had success at a high level at a major program) and see if he can keep it together long enough to bring playoff success to Dallas.

Hell, CJ Stroud showed it can happen fairly quickly if that player is well-supported.

Instead we keep piling money on Dak

Fricking LAZY

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'd like to unpack this a bit

I think the resources Jerry is spending on our current QB is already and about to become even more of a disaster, and his current shitshow of a contract is only a taste of what's to come.

I would also say that trading Dak for a bunch of picks isn't the only way (though it would be awesome if it came to pass-- about a 0.5% chance if you ask me).

We can use a regular draft pick on a solid prospect (like Penix Jr who had success at a high level at a major program) and see if he can keep it together long enough to bring playoff success to Dallas.

Hell, CJ Stroud showed it can happen fairly quickly if that player is well-supported.

Instead we keep piling money on Dak

Fricking LAZY
It's not just lazy. It's destructive to the team, as you deplete the team of talent and resources to overpay a player who can't perform up to the standard expected based on the value of the contract.

Top Bottom