Machota: Jerry Jones doesn’t fear possibility this could be Dak Prescott’s last year with Cowboys

shane

DCC 4Life
I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't want JJ McCarthy. I love that he helped us win the National Championship, but I don't see the qualities that a player needs to succeed at the NFL level. Also, I think we'd ride with Trey Lance rather than drafting a QB...unless Minnesota offers us a 2nd round pick for him. Then I'd dump him.
Wouldn’t mind Nix either. Or even Penix in round 2. Can’t see how you pass on a QB prospect in a QB-rich draft like this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have no idea why you people are talking about QBs.

Do you have any idea how bad it is to have to draft one in the first?

We have been remarkably lucky with Romo and Prescott.

I would light myself on fire if my team needed a QB and I had to pick from this class.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no idea why you people are talking about QBs.

Do you have any idea how bad it is to have to draft one in the first?

We have been remarkably lucky with Romo and Prescott.

I would light myself on fire if my team needed a QB and I had to pick from this class.
Have you looked at next years class?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Because of the added draft capital of a 1st rounder? That’s nothing next to finding a real QB. And roughly 90% of starting QB’s are 1st -3rd rounders with round 3 contributing 5%.

Anyways, that’s why you get your next QB while the previous one is still on the roster. Dallas’ situation is a total unicorn. 4th round/UDFA magic ain’t happening again.

If Dallas drafts Penix Jr and Prescott outperforms him, you trade him away for a high pick down the road. Someone will pay.

If he sucks, well that’s your fault scouting/projecting (like with Lance) because you’re only getting a 5th or 6th pick in return (maybe a 4th, if you can find a team as dumb as the Cowboys to give you one).

So what? It’s no worse than what we already have… a 4th rounder who landed on a loaded team giving him time to develop to be good enough to always lose in the playoffs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Speaking of that, wonder what the Lions would want for Hendon Hooker. Maybe not much since he hasn't been able to play yet.

But I'm sure Lance is the current pig in a poke.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Because of the added draft capital of a 1st rounder? That’s nothing next to finding a real QB. And roughly 90% of starting QB’s are 1st -3rd rounders with round 3 contributing 5%.

Anyways, that’s why you get your next QB while the previous one is still on the roster. Dallas’ situation is a total unicorn. 4th round/UDFA magic ain’t happening again.

If Dallas drafts Penix Jr and Prescott outperforms him, you trade him away for a high pick down the road. Someone will pay.

If he sucks, well that’s your fault scouting/projecting (like with Lance) because you’re only getting a 5th or 6th pick in return (maybe a 4th, if you can find a team as dumb as the Cowboys to give you one).

So what? It’s no worse than what we already have… a 4th rounder who landed on a loaded team giving him time to develop to be good enough to always lose in the playoffs.
It is more about how this franchise has handled the QB position. Inherited Aikman. Then we saw that shit, no need to mention names like Tony Banks, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson or Drew Henson. Tripped over their own dicks to get decent enough with Romo and now Prescott. But they wanted Paxton Lynch the last time they were serious about QB.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of that, wonder what the Lions would want for Hendon Hooker. Maybe not much since he hasn't been able to play yet.

But I'm sure Lance is the current pig in a poke.
Lance is interesting because I don't know if he ever outright sucked. The 49ers at one point had the guy penciled as their starter. But he just kept getting hurt. Then a seventh round pick out of nowhere took the job and ran with it. Not saying Lance is good, but he hasn't been on the field much at all because of injuries. Last year was his healthiest season because he was learning as our third string guy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Lance is interesting because I don't know if he ever outright sucked. The 49ers at one point had the guy penciled as their starter. But he just kept getting hurt. Then a seventh round pick out of nowhere took the job and ran with it. Not saying Lance is good, but he hasn't been on the field much at all because of injuries. Last year was his healthiest season because he was learning as our third string guy.
I don't think they'd have gotten rid of him for a fourth if his only problem were health.

Personally, I don't see anything of out him, in college or his few snaps in the NFL.

Top Bottom