Machota - Eagles S Malcolm Jenkins: Dallas players are the problem

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Well Ratliff is a special kind of douche for sure, but Jerry promotes an aura of non accountability because he pampers them and eliminates discipline and penalties. Look at when Wade tried to discipline people, for as little as he did it, Jerry still stepped in and overruled.

So they don't work here because they don't have to.

I believe 100% that Jerry is to blame for guys like Miles Austin not getting right.
One thing about Parcells that I loved is how little patience he had with injuries. If only he had been ten years younger.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And I suppose you would then blame someone else for your irresponsibility.
I believe I said the person doing the slacking off also needs to be replaced.

But yeah, my boss would bear the responsibility of letting it happen. If he let it happen with all his employees habitually, you'd say that environment he'd created probably is responsible for encouraging that behavior, and he'd have to go too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One thing about Parcells that I loved is how little patience he had with injuries. If only he had been ten years younger.
He'd also have these candy-assed entitled players that infest the league right now quitting on him in a heartbeat.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I believe I said the person doing the slacking off also needs to be replaced.

But yeah, my boss would bear the responsibility of letting it happen. If he let it happen with all his employees habitually, you'd say that environment he'd created probably is responsible for encouraging that behavior, and he'd have to go too.
We have irreconcilable differences. My ethics are framed to take responsibility for my own actions and if I take someone's money for a job then I do my best to deliver. If that is deemed as being a dinosaur then so be it but that's the way I am and I hope to never change. You on the other hand are certainly entitled to take a different approach.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We have irreconcilable differences. My ethics are framed to take responsibility for my own actions and if I take someone's money for a job then I do my best to deliver.
I've never disagreed that the person who is taking the money has an ethical obligation to deliver.

Your ethics don't change the fact that someone might be creating an environment where it is more tempting to do that, and thus encouraging more and more people to do the wrong thing.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He'd also have these candy-assed entitled players that infest the league right now quitting on him in a heartbeat.
That's what they said at the time and he got a surprising number of dudes to buy in. He was crafty and manipulative, not just a straight up hard-ass.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've never disagreed that the person who is taking the money has an ethical obligation to deliver.

Your ethics don't change the fact that someone might be creating an environment where it is more tempting to do that, and thus encouraging more and more people to do the wrong thing.
I agree it's not good for the leader to set bad examples. I don't condone it for a minute but the followers still have a responsibility to the cause for which they are being compensated. This is why I took the stance initially that it is too simplistic to put all the shortcomings on Jones. He has his failures and the staff and coaches have their shortcomings as well. I am as disappointed with one as I am with the other.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

My ethics are for me and I do what I can to fulfill my responsibility regardless of leadership failures.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I agree it's not good for the leader to set bad examples. I don't condone it for a minute but the followers still have a responsibility to the cause for which they are being compensated. This is why I took the stance initially that it is too simplistic to put all the shortcomings on Jones. He has his failures and the staff and coaches have their shortcomings as well. I am as disappointed with one as I am with the other.
I think the point is, that only one person has the power to change that, and that's Jones. If he refuses to hold the staff accountable, then it is ultimately his fault for the failures of the team.

Cotton

Staff member
My ethics are for me and I do what I can to fulfill my responsibility regardless of leadership failures.
I agree with that, and I'm the same way in my personal life, but if the place I work for doesn't fire me if I'm doing a bad job, then, in the end, it is their fault the place of business is putting out shoddy work.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think the point is, that only one person has the power to change that, and that's Jones. If he refuses to hold the staff accountable, then it is ultimately his fault for the failures of the team.
No argument here about that but the staff and players have a part in how the team performs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree with that, and I'm the same way in my personal life, but if the place I work for doesn't fire me if I'm doing a bad job, then, in the end, it is their fault the place of business is putting out shoddy work.
Again no argument there but the shoddy work still comes from the employees.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is true, but you can say the same thing about every NFL owner. If their team isn't winning the buck stops their. They either hired the wrong GM/Coach/Somebody. The problem is you can't change the owner, so you just have to hope the owner corrects their mistakes. It's just a lot easier to luck into a great GM, as opposed to having an owner acting as a GM who then has to luck into a coach, entire scouting department, and the right players.

Cotton

Staff member
No argument here about that but the staff and players have a part in how the team performs.
Then they should be fired, and if not, it's Jerry's fault the team keeps underperforming because he didn't get rid of the shoddy workmanship.

Cotton

Staff member
That is true, but you can say the same thing about every NFL owner. If their team isn't winning the buck stops their. They either hired the wrong GM/Coach/Somebody. The problem is you can't change the owner, so you just have to hope the owner corrects their mistakes. It's just a lot easier to luck into a great GM, as opposed to having an owner acting as a GM who then has to luck into a coach, entire scouting department, and the right players.
Difference is, Jerry's GM is a lock to keep his job.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Then they should be fired, and if not, it's Jerry's fault the team keeps underperforming because he didn't get rid of the shoddy workmanship.
Have you checked the roster and staff turnover in the last few years.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The bigger issue is that Jenkins can go fuck himself. You earn credibility, he has not. Now dipshits are using Jenkins words as some kind of rallying call. Dumb.

I did not need Jenkins to tell me we had issues, but apparently some did. Those are called followers.

Cotton

Staff member
The bigger issue is that Jenkins can go fuck himself. You earn credibility, he has not. Now dipshits are using Jenkins words as some kind of rallying call. Dumb.

I did not need Jenkins to tell me we had issues, but apparently some did. Those are called followers.
Agreed.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
And why do you think so many players in Dallas gold brick here, and then sometimes do well elsewhere?

Is it on the players for not trying hard here, but then wanting to do better elsewhere? If they are goldbrickers, why do they change when they leave?

Has it crossed your mind that it's the environment here? The one that has produced said goldbricking players for the last 18 years?
This is true. Football simply isn't the top priority in Dallas.

Top Bottom