LOL @ the Redskins

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, anyway, LOL @ The Redskins.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah its the time after the draft, after we discuss it for awhile but before training camp that sometimes feels dead. This however is some of my favorite time of year.
It is fun to discuss for sure, we just haven’t gotten much new info (besides mediots trying to influence a TE to Dallas in fing round one)

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but the spending spree was way back in 1999/2000.

And Gibbs? That was probably the only truly legitimate effort the guy made to make the Redskins a better football team.

After that, the guy just never hired anybody worth a damn or looked to bring qualified football people into the organization to run it.

Ron Rivera was a legit hire, but the front office was still bad.
They have a somewhat decent, competent front office at the moment with some respected personnel guys (Martin Mayhew and Marty Hurney) along with a decent enough HC in Rivera.

It's part of the reason that I don't think getting rid of Snyder will change a whole lot. Their roster is mostly league average with a couple of strong points (DL, WR), they just don't have a QB or strong OL.

That's not really on Snyder and it's why I don't think much will change long-term unless they luck into a franchise QB, although that's the same with or without Snyder.

The main difference is just the subjective optimism and lack of toxicity surrounding the team, which is...whatever.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
To be honest, there is no simple solution to this. Until about 20-25 years ago, America was content with being a nation that was either openly racist or just sweeping it under the rug as "that's just how it's always been."
I had to reply to this but didn't have time earlier...

So 20 years ago America was openly racist? Give me a freaking break. Twenty years ago Bill Parcells was coaching this team. And the country was openly racist? Or even largely racist? Come on, man. Maybe you meant 50 years ago.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

So 20 years ago America was openly racist? Give me a freaking break. Twenty years ago Bill Parcells was coaching this team. And the country was openly racist? Or even largely racist? Come on, man. Maybe you meant 50 years ago.

That's not even true 50 years ago (1973). It's insanely untrue for 1998-2003.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Jap plays

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected

Reread my statement. I said up until 20-25 years ago, America was openly racist or swept it under the rug. That takes us to the late 90’s. You’re telling even little bits of racism didn’t happen then that were excused? I remember hearing tons of people talk about how the Rodney King incident was excusable. Hell, some people still try to excuse every bit of police brutality just cause they “bleed blue” as if it’s some get out of jail free card.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You do know they scalped many many many white men and took them back to their tribes as trophies, right?

The white men just won, and are being demonized to this day for it.
So…winning means putting people in camps? Okay.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Reread my statement. I said up until 20-25 years ago, America was openly racist or swept it under the rug. That takes us to the late 90’s. You’re telling even little bits of racism didn’t happen then that were excused? I remember hearing tons of people talk about how the Rodney King incident was excusable. Hell, some people still try to excuse every bit of police brutality just cause they “bleed blue” as if it’s some get out of jail free card.
The issue now is people can’t do the shit they used to and be able to keep it secret. Not enough winning, I guess.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, that makes it right? Ookkkay.
I didn't say it makes it right. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of how the white male was demonized for it when that has been happening for all of history.

Top Bottom