LOL @ the Redskins

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Going back to the team, it's gonna suck not being able to count on them being a dumpster fire each and every year,

They've always been the team I've hated most in the division but the last few years they've been an afterthought because they've been a non-factor for so long.

Even if the next regime is nothing special, they'll still be better than what Snyder was and that is truly unfortunate.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No, that's ignorance.

YES, there are plenty of people in this sensitive society who make themselves out to be victims when they are not.

I am in 100% agreement with you there.

But there are genuine examples of people speaking out more because they feel more empowered and accepted.

A perfect example? Look at black people as a whole.

No other race has been the recipient of blatant racism and discrimination than they have. And once upon a time in this country, they knew it was best to shut up and just go with whatever was going on around them because objecting to it would come with serious consequences, even death.

But the world evolved, right? And eventually black people felt more empowered and/or safe about speaking out about those prejudices.

The same thing has happened with people of other groups and communities.

So yeah, lots of people who feel offended or act like victims are totally full of shit.

But there are other groups who were legitimate victims of discrimination who eventually do feel empowered to speak out because the world evolves and it becomes safer for them to do so.
I will say this and let it lie unless we need to keep going, but the Indian people didn't feel empowered to come out and say what they were thinking. The elite white liberal told them they needed to. Hence the name change.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Snyder is a weird case.

I get why Jerry always stayed involved in football matters. The guy desperately wanted to be recognized as a football guy and his family became so entrenched in the entire operation of the Dallas Cowboys that it makes sense why Jerry stayed in control and had his family in the positions that they were in, even if it wasn't what was best for the football side of things.

But Snyder? What did he gain from basically just owning the team? Yeah he made decisions, but he wasn't like Jerry looking to prove to someone how much about football he knew.

He never pretended to be the GM or gave interviews trying to explain why he liked X player that he saw at the combine.

So what the hell did he get from simply owning the team and watching them be one of the worst products in football?

Why did he not ever make a real effort to put people in place that could improve the team?

After all, the guy grew up a die hard Redskins fan so he actually had emotional ties to the team.

I just don't get what the deal was with him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Snyder is a weird case.

I get why Jerry always stayed involved in football matters. The guy desperately wanted to be recognized as a football guy and his family became so entrenched in the entire operation of the Dallas Cowboys that it makes sense why Jerry stayed in control and had his family in the positions that they were in, even if it wasn't what was best for the football side of things.

But Snyder? What did he gain from basically just owning the team? Yeah he made decisions, but he wasn't like Jerry looking to prove to someone how much about football he knew.

He never pretended to be the GM or gave interviews trying to explain why he liked X player that he saw at the combine.

So what the hell did he get from simply owning the team and watching them be one of the worst products in football?

Why did he not ever make a real effort to put people in place that could improve the team?

After all, the guy grew up a die hard Redskins fan so he actually had emotional ties to the team.

The money he is about to make on the sale?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The money he is about to make on the sale?
Yeah but do you think that's why he was holding on to the team 5 years ago?

10 years ago?

Hell, he doesn't even want to sell the team now! He's doing it because he has to.

So money couldn't have been his primary motivation for holding on to the Redskins and not ever making real efforts to improve the football product.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Snyder is a weird case.

It's not like he didn't spend money. Remember the Jeff George/Bruce Smith/Deion Sanders teams? But he treated the franchise like a toy at times. And he had to bribe Gibbs into coming back by financing a third Nascar racing team. And he charged admission to training camp practices, which allowed scouts from rival teams to buy a ticket themselves. And he surrounded himself with alcoholics who were shitty at their jobs (Cerrato). And so on.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's not like he didn't spend money. Remember the Jeff George/Bruce Smith/Deion Sanders teams? But he treated the franchise like a toy at times. And he had to bribe Gibbs into coming back by financing a third Nascar racing team. And he charged admission to training camp practices, which allowed scouts from rival teams to buy a ticket themselves. And he surrounded himself with alcoholics who were shitty at their jobs (Cerrato). And so on.
Yeah, but the spending spree was way back in 1999/2000.

And Gibbs? That was probably the only truly legitimate effort the guy made to make the Redskins a better football team.

After that, the guy just never hired anybody worth a damn or looked to bring qualified football people into the organization to run it.

Ron Rivera was a legit hire, but the front office was still bad.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
I will say this and let it lie unless we need to keep going, but the Indian people didn't feel empowered to come out and say what they were thinking. The elite white liberal told them they needed to. Hence the name change.
Maybe it took a white man taking up their cause to get the movement gain actual traction? Idk and honestly it doesn’t matter at this point. I figured you of all people would have been happy to see a movement that “had to start somewhere”.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Snyder is a weird case.

Naked cheerleaders

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yeah, but the spending spree was way back in 1999/2000.

And Gibbs? That was probably the only truly legitimate effort the guy made to make the Redskins a better football team.

After that, the guy just never hired anybody worth a damn or looked to bring qualified football into the organization to run it.

Ron Rivera was a legit hire, but the front office was still bad.
Shanahan was a real coach, but Danny sided with RG3 over him. Norv was treated shabbily too.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Maybe it took a white man taking up their cause to get the movement gain actual traction? Idk and honestly it doesn’t matter at this point. I figured you of all people would have been happy to see a movement that “had to start somewhere”.
A random Canadian shoots one across the bow.

Cotton

Staff member
So, white people are all of a sudden the saviors? That's new.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, we're done. Thank god the white people came in and kept the Indians safe.

Top Bottom