LOL @ the Giants

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody who thinks Jones is better than Dak has a literal learning disability, so there's that.
Honestly, this is stuff that used to be fodder for debate no matter how dumb it is. I just don't care anymore. I don't care about Daniel Jones or the New York Giants. They aren't real competition for anything of consequence. They have a bumbling retard at QB and probably should just be happy if they make the playoffs next year. I'm just not worried about them. All I want is for Dak to be better, Daniel Jones isn't even on my radar as someone to worry about.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Don't care much about Jones, he seems inoffensive enough, but I can't wait for that dickhead Daboll to live the sophomore slump.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Of course it's about respect. :doh

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Get your money while you can.

Football is an unforgiving sport and the business side of it is unmatched in this country.

It's the most profitable sport by a country mile but yet the players bring in the least amount of income out of all the major sports, and that needs to change.

So I'm all for NFL players getting every dime they can get, especially the guaranteed money.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Get your money while you can.

Football is an unforgiving sport and the business side of it is unmatched in this country.

It's the most profitable sport by a country mile but yet the players bring in the least amount of income out of all the major sports, and that needs to change.

So I'm all for NFL players getting every dime they can get, especially the guaranteed money.
Roster size and injury probability change the model for football relative to other sports.

Players still get 60% off the top.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Roster size and injury probability change the model for football relative to other sports.

Players still get 60% off the top.
The salary cap is broken.

There should be a way for injured players to get their money while still protecting the franchise from paying out crazy amounts to a player who doesn't suit up or whose career is derailed by injury.

If such a system existed, we'd have less holding out and things like that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There should be a way for injured players to get their money while still protecting the franchise from paying out crazy amounts to a player who doesn't suit up or whose career is derailed by injury.
It could be done, but no one wants to put in the time to figure it out. Lord knows there's enough data to come up with a realistic system.

Also, QB's and superstars don't want to share money with the rest of the team, even though they are nothing without the team around them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The salary cap is broken.

If such a system existed, we'd have less holding out and things like that.
A soft cap would help tremendously with that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They get plenty in guaranteed money plus much of their salaries, even if they do get hurt or cut early.

I'll save my sympathy for regular joes who get hurt on their 50k a year jobs and lose their money.

Top Bottom