LOL @ the Giants

shoop

Semi-contributing member
He should be very happy with that. I just don't think he is a very good QB overall.
Feels like a QB who wouldn’t have gotten a second big contract 5-10 years ago. Got somewhat lucky with a couple of not great draft classes and not great draft position combined.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He should be very happy with that. I just don't think he is a very good QB overall.
The economics of the NFL have changed, but most fans still haven't adjusted to what's considered fair market value in today's NFL.

Even with Daniel Jones only being a middle of the pack QB, I don't think $40-45 million is considered a bad contract for a QB of his caliber.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The economics of the NFL have changed, but most fans still haven't adjusted to what's considered fair market value in today's NFL.

Even with Daniel Jones only being a middle of the pack QB, I don't think $40-45 million is considered a bad contract for a QB of his caliber.
Exactly. That is why I wasn't flipping out over the Dak extension.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Human beings suck.
Yes they do. In the worst way sometimes. Go watch Sound of Freedom and you will lose even more faith in humanity.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jones is at best a slightly above average QB who is over reliant on his legs, it's just not noticed as much because he isn't as productive as someone like Hurts.

That's not changing in year 5+.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
NFL Rookie Watch is the leaguewide version of Ernie.

ZeroClub

UFA
Is that supposed to be a dime? Who's deciding that?
I agree with you and I don't have an answer.

I find myself wondering how many completions Jones will throw to Giants teammates this year (including games, practices, training camp ... everything). The guy is making 40 million a year. I'd like to divide that 40 million by the number of his completions to calculate how much each one of those completions would cost.

If each completion were worth only a dime, he'd have to thrown 400 million completions this year. Technically, he's never throwing dimes this year.

Top Bottom