LOL @ the Giants

shoop

Semi-contributing member
This is where the game is headed. The only way to combat it is to start tying the amount of the contract to percentage of the salary cap. I’m sure at some point some GM will institute a system like this and when they do it will change the way the NFL works. Until then players are going to take as much as they can get which will inflate salaries. Partially because everyone has seen how difficult it is to draft a good QB.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
More teams needs to do this. In any real job evaluation you would sit the employee down and explain to them why they aren’t worth top dollar or have them explain to you why they think they are worth it and show them where they are wrong. Stop paying the Dak, and Kyler’s like they are Mahomes.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
More teams needs to do this. In any real job evaluation you would sit the employee down and explain to them why they aren’t worth top dollar or have them explain to you why they think they are worth it and show them where they are wrong. Stop paying the Dak, and Kyler’s like they are Mahomes.
The problem is that other teams who are more desperate are willing to pay that, or near it, at least with someone like Dak or Kyler.

I doubt anybody would give Jones 45/year but I wouldn't be shocked at all if someone gave him 40.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem is that other teams who are more desperate are willing to pay that, or near it, at least with someone like Dak or Kyler.

I doubt anybody would give Jones 45/year but I wouldn't be shocked at all if someone gave him 40.
Yeah I get it, the NFL feels like it has become a two tier system with QBs. You either pay a guy franchise money or they get not very much. There should be more of a wide spectrum with starting NFL QBs. But instead because of free agency everyone falls into one of those two categories.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Absofuckinglutely

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They better get Dak's extension in quick before Daniel freaking Jones raises the QB ceiling to 60 million.
I can only assume that Jones and his camp are banking on upcoming TV/media deals driving the salary cap up. Where two years from now $45M will be like $30M today.

Top Bottom