LOL @ The Eagles

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
If it is fake, a bunch of people (most from Philly) fell for it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This could go one of two ways. First, guys like Davis and Dean learn from the vets on the team, evolve into really good players and hold a knucklehead like Carter accountable and he fulfills his potential. This scenario requires Davis and/or Dean turning into one of the better players on the defense because who is going to listen to a rotational LB or DT? Second, they're all a little too comfortable with each other, and once vets like Cox and Graham are gone in approximately 12 months they'll be the "leaders" in the room with nobody to really keep them straight.

Given that most of these Georgia guys in recent years seem like dickheads (Quay Walker pushing a ref, DeAndre Baker going to jail, Isaiah Wilson washing out of the league in about 18 months) it seems like there's a bit of a pattern here where it doesn't really matter while they're in school because the depth of talent on the roster is overwhelming, but once things even up at the next level it seems like things go sideways for a lot of them.

Is there even one elite defender in the league right now who has come out of Georgia in the last few years?

Roquan Smith maybe but not really?

They had about 6 guys go in the first last year and from what I can tell the majority of them underwhelmed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Carter has bust written all over him. Or at least serious underachiever.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I mean I'd usually call it bullshit but The Eagles, so I hope he gets nailed hard.
Apparently Willock’s dad is naming several folks and not only Carter in the suit. Basically a spread pattern across as many targets with money or good liability insurance to see what sticks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Eagles are doing something this is a little bit dangerous.

They are banking on that Georgia program delivering players with their minds right.

I bet someone is telling Howie Roseman that it is all coming into place.

Lookit, I get it. Replicate a great college program.

But they are doing it with questionable character kids and with an incredible douche as a head coach.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I dunno. Because of Jimmy, we were similarly enamored with U of Miami players. Most worked out; some didn't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dunno. Because of Jimmy, we were similarly enamored with U of Miami players. Most worked out; some didn't.
It worked for a few years.

Belichick tried this shit with Florida players too.

Eh. Mixed results.

We have a definite Big 12 thing going on now.

Top Bottom