LOL @ The Eagles

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have never seen a Cowboys fan go to such lengths to defend the eagles. That Sooner homerism runs DEEP.

It’s a strange thing to witness.
Call it that if you like but it started with a post that just wasn’t giving the NFC participant any credit for being in the Super Bowl and playing a very competing game.. It was a bunch of sour grapes stats that wasn’t objective nor did it depict accurately that they deserved to be there. i wasn’t defending the Eagles team as such rather instigating that their post was skewed since they didnt put the other teams that participated in the final rounds to the same test.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm a big Iowa fan but I've never felt compelled to defend the 49ers because Kittle plays there. I'm guessing when Wentz was an Eagle you didn't feel the need to defend the Eagles. I'm just not sure I understand this brand of college loyalty that extends to defending the NFL team they play for.
What does college loyalty have to do with it. My position on Hurt being able to play in the NFL was substantiated long before the Super Bowl Game. They are separate issues. One has nothing to do with the other. I don’t like Philadelphia and I have had that position maybe even before you were born. I simply think anyone that thought they didn’t earn their way into to SuperBowl was not giving them any credit for what they accomplished this season. I wish Dallas had accomplished the same.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm a big Iowa fan but I've never felt compelled to defend the 49ers because Kittle plays there. I'm guessing when Wentz was an Eagle you didn't feel the need to defend the Eagles. I'm just not sure I understand this brand of college loyalty that extends to defending the NFL team they play for.
Hell no. The instant his name was announced at the draft, he was dead to me.

I'll always love what he did for the BIson, but he was the devil in Philly. Now, I'm just indifferent. I'd like to see him do ok, but if he doesn't... oh well.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Call it that if you like but it started with a post that just wasn’t giving the NFC participant any credit for being in the Super Bowl and playing a very competing game.. It was a bunch of sour grapes stats that wasn’t objective nor did it depict accurately that they deserved to be there. i wasn’t defending the Eagles team as such rather instigating that their post was skewed since they didnt put the other teams that participated in the final rounds to the same test.
Maybe because, I dunno... that post was right? They did have a cakewalk into the superbowl. I don't know how you can defend that when it's true.

As for comparisons to both superbowl participants, Hurts and the eagles played Daniel Jones and the Giants, and a 4th string practice squad type QB. Mahomes and the Chiefs played a red hot former #1 overall pick in Trever Lawrence, and Joe Burrow and the last years defending AFC champs.

One of them had a much tougher row to hoe. I think you know which one.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe because, I dunno... that post was right? They did have a cakewalk into the superbowl. I don't know how you can defend that when it's true.

As for comparisons to both superbowl participants, Hurts and the eagles played Daniel Jones and the Giants, and a 4th string practice squad type QB. Mahomes and the Chiefs played a red hot former #1 overall pick in Trever Lawrence, and Joe Burrow and the last years defending AFC champs.

One of them had a much tougher row to hoe. I think you know which one.
So they had a cakewalk? They got there and almost won. How can they be called frauds? They did what they had to do and the breaks of the game swung in their favor. It doesn’t make them frauds it makes them recipients of good luck and they capitalized on it. They deserved to be in the Championship game because that’s the rules. I wish the Cowboys could have been there by luck but circumstance and bad breaks didnt go their way. In tournament play however you advance it’s still the rules that if you are one of the last two standing you are legitimately a contender.

data

Forbes #1
Eagles first place schedule vs our second place schedule

Eagles: Buccaneers, Vikings, Chiefs
Us: Panthers, Lions, Chargers

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I dunno. This is like eliminating the shift in baseball because it's too effective.

data

Forbes #1
I think it used to be illegal. Not sure why they changed it in the first place.
Yup, I know it was illegal during the Ice Bowl. That one RB that is supposedly signaling TD is actually raising his arms because he’s demonstrating to refs he isn’t pushing Bart Starr on the GW play.

Not sure when it was made legal. But we used that QB sneak push last season with Mongo, didn’t we?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think it was 2005 when they changed it... they claimed it was too hard to officiate, which is pretty stupid to say.

But yeah, very easy solution. Just put it back like it was.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
it was always sad when Romo tried to QB sneak. he just didn't have the "heft" to pull it off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Any team that doesn't is shorting themselves.
You have to admit, they took advantage of loopholes.

Kind of figures when you have a sleazy head coach with Butt Hole eyes.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You have to admit, they took advantage of loopholes.

Kind of figures when you have a sleazy head coach with Butt Hole eyes.
They kind of gamed the system all year, even more reason I think they're primed for regression next year.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I hope the rumors are true regarding the possible contract extension of Jalen Hurts. Early reports are a 5-year extension, paying him $50M AAV with over $200M in guaranteed money. That kind of crippling contract will throw them into football purgatory.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hope the rumors are true regarding the possible contract extension of Jalen Hurts. Early reports are a 5-year extension, paying him $50M AAV with over $200M in guaranteed money. That kind of crippling contract will throw them into football purgatory.
Please let this be true.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

I wish this was true but it would probably only throw them into purgatory for a year or two at most. They'd realize their mistake and move on before long. And in the first year the cap hit wouldn't probably be that great.

Top Bottom