LOL @ The Eagles

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brown is a talent but I don't think he will pan out in Philly.
Honestly I don't either. First of all WRs are dependant on QBs. The Eagles QB sucks. Second of all, it's all too often we see a WR switch teams and suddenly they don't look nearly as good.

I think Brown is a good WR but I'm guessing he is probably an 800 yard receiver in Philly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Honestly I don't either. First of all WRs are dependant on QBs. The Eagles QB sucks. Second of all, it's all too often we see a WR switch teams and suddenly they don't look nearly as good.

I think Brown is a good WR but I'm guessing he is probably an 800 yard receiver in Philly.
Brown also was blindsided in a way. He is going to be disrupted.

Then people are like, what the fuck and the Philly shit comes out.

That has to be a tough place to play.

It is not for the mentally weak.

Which is why I think Hurts being their QB is so awesome.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brown also was blindsided in a way. He is going to be disrupted.

Then people are like, what the fuck and the Philly shit comes out.

That has to be a tough place to play.

It is not for the mentally weak.

Which is why I think Hurts being their QB is so awesome.
AJ Brown kind of regressed this year too. The guy is an ultra physical WR, you wonder how long his body will hold up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still think they finish at least 2 games ahead of the Cowboys.
I would be shocked if they do but hell who knows. The Cowboys haven't seemed to be able to string back to back good years in a row in forever. So basically nothing would shock me at this point. Plus there are a few guys if they got hurt that I'd be really concerned and not just Dak this time. Not so much on defense but if Lamb got hurt, we are fucked. If Tyron goes down for an extended period of time? Again fucked. So while I'm excited about the young players I also recognize that we could be in bad shape in a hurry with the wrong injuries.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I would be shocked if they do but hell who knows. The Cowboys haven't seemed to be able to string back to back good years in a row in forever. So basically nothing would shock me at this point. Plus there are a few guys if they got hurt that I'd be really concerned and not just Dak this time. Not so much on defense but if Lamb got hurt, we are fucked. If Tyron goes down for an extended period of time? Again fucked. So while I'm excited about the young players I also recognize that we could be in bad shape in a hurry with the wrong injuries.
You mean when Tyron goes down. Even if its his usual 2 games it could be the difference. Top that off with not adding a veteran swing tackle.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You mean when Tyron goes down. Even if its his usual 2 games it could be the difference. Top that off with not adding a veteran swing tackle.
2 games we can deal with. 10 games and it would be a season ender right now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Cowboys haven't seemed to be able to string back to back good years in a row in forever. So basically nothing would shock me at this point.

This is how I'm looking at it. Off-season personnel failures notwithstanding, it's been so long since they've had back to back winning playoff seasons that I'm fully expecting them to shit the bed this season.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is how I'm looking at it. Off-season personnel failures notwithstanding, it's been so long since they've had back to back winning playoff seasons that I'm fully expecting them to shit the bed this season.
This is why I said "only if we tank", i.e. win 8 games.

It'll be more a function of us shitting the bed than the Eagles actually being a good team.

They're about the same as they've been the last few years, strong DL, weak back 7, decent OL, weak QB. The only difference is their passing game targets have improved over the last few years but ultimately their QB is still Jalen Hurts.

He'll run around enough to win somewhere around 8 or so games, maybe up to 10, but he's not good enough to win 11-12 unless they get a crazy run of luck playing teams with injured QB's or something.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would be shocked if they do but hell who knows. The Cowboys haven't seemed to be able to string back to back good years in a row in forever.
I'm banking on this history. Plus there hasn't been a repeat NFC East champ since the 2004 Eagles.

Top Bottom