LOL @ The Eagles

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Shouldn't have been since Justin Jefferson was also available.
Funny what you'll do in a full on knee-jerk panic. Why they had Raegor over Jefferson to begin with I have no idea. I think they locked on the fastest guy left after Lamb.

Back in 1996 we could have had Brian Dawkins, a far superior defender (or any of a number of future superstar WR's), but we locked in on the closest guy matching Charles Haley we had on our board.

Fricking stupid, but that kind of human reaction is part of what makes the draft so awesome.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Was just thinking, I wonder if they were trying to replicate Tyreek Hill or something. You know how copycat this league is.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Was just thinking, I wonder if they were trying to replicate Tyreek Hill or something. You know how copycat this league is.
If I had a chance at someone even close to Hill I'd grab him.

On a side but related note, Mecole Hardman is about as fast as Hill but man he is no where close to the impact player Hill is. Hill runs crazy good routes and just has an extra gear in space.

KC sure as Hell hit the jackpot with Hill, Kelce, and Mahomes

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Hill is unbelievable. If anything I think he might be a little underrated because Mahomes gets so much credit. But he's amazing in his own right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our receivers are good, but we could definitely use a quick twitch guy or someone with deep speed.
Yeah I would like a little diversity. Cooper is really our only quick twitch guy in my opinion.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hill is unbelievable. If anything I think he might be a little underrated because Mahomes gets so much credit. But he's amazing in his own right.
Hill benefits from the cannon that Mahomes possesses.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
True, but the reverse also holds. Hardman has the same speed as Hill, and he’s a complete non factor by comparison on the same offense
Yeah speed alone gets you nowhere. It's the ability to change speeds and accelerate that gets you open deep. There have been lots of really fast NFL guy who fail out of the draft. You can run a 4.2 forty but that alone doesn't make you a great deep threat.

Top Bottom