LOL @ The Eagles

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was pissed when Philly jumped to the #2 spot because I really wanted Wentz.

But why does that matter now? He'll never be a Cowboy and honestly I don't care much about him.

Not sure why any Cowboys fan besides @NoDak would have allegiance to Wentz at this point.
I have no allegiance to Wentz. I was a fan of his when he played for NDSU. The fucker died to me the instant they announced his name to Philly. If he had gone to any other team outside of the NFCE, I would have had hoped he played well. As long as he is in Philly, I wish him nothing but failure.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It's not like Wentz is even on a cheap deal. So you lose picks and downgrade at QB with no cap relief. Brilliant move.
Yep. He’d be a $59M cap hit in 2021 should they trade or release him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We should be making the same consideration.
Jimmy Johnson said the same thing for the cowboys on the pregame Tuesday.

They wont and Im not sure how I lean on this. I can see the value but its hard to give up on Dak this easily.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Jimmy Johnson said the same thing for the cowboys on the pregame Tuesday.

They wont and Im not sure how I lean on this. I can see the value but its hard to give up on Dak this easily.
Paying Dak that much money will only hurt the team. There’s zero chance that the defense gets better if we pay him that much money. His production doesn’t warrant it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Paying Dak that much money will only hurt the team. There’s zero chance that the defense gets better if we pay him that much money. His production doesn’t warrant it.
Pay him, don't pay him, how does that impact the defense? We aren't spending in free agency to get the players we need on defense anyway. It's always going to come down to our drafting regardless of what Dak makes.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't be completely against taking Fields or Wilson but I'm also not necessarily a huge fan or think they are for sure upgrades even a few years down the line.

It's probably 50/50 at best that either of them even end up as good as Dak.

The only reason I'd be ok with it is based on the assumption that we'd be able to flip Dak for a huge package (two 1's and more) and have a massive amount of resources to stock the rest of the roster, but that'd have to be worked out ahead of time and seems difficult logistically.

If we're picking at 3 I'd 100% rather just take Sewell, and even if we're at 4 or 7 or whatever I'd generally rather just keep Dak given that I think there is a really solid chance that none of these guys even get to Dak's level in the first place.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If we had Dak all season, by my own guess we'd have probably another 4 wins right now.

7-5 instead of 3-9.

Despite the injuries and how bad the offensive line has been, and despite an all time horrible defense.

If some of you don't understand how insanely valuable that is, I don't know what to tell you.

(For the record, I'm considering the first washington game, the eagles, steelers and ravens the games we would have won with Dak.)

There are very, very few circumstances where I'd move on from Dak in favor of an unknown quantity at QB. Even a high first rounder at QB historically will have a high bust rate.

It sucks that we have to pay out the ass now for him, but there's little alternative. We just have to make it work.

I've seen what the Andy Daltons of the world can do on this team. No thanks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Depending on what we could get for Dak, I'd trade him, if I could get another top QB.

But really I want Sam Howell in next 2022's draft, not Lawrence in 2021's draft.

Top Bottom