LOL @ The Eagles

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Would you feel okay with just having Hurts as your QB and then signing Flacco?

Hell no.

They are gambling right now that Miami's pick in 2022 is high and crossing their fingers on Hurts.

That's a good point and that's probably what they are doing.

I'd guess they probably did try to trade up to 3, and the revised tweet is them doing damage control.

Last edited by a moderator:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jets pretty much have to trade down now or take a QB. That was insane value Miami gained from the 49ers.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Jets are supposedly locked in on Wilson, which is why the Eagles decided to move down and not up.

As far as the Eagles, I definitely don't love their chances at a high pick next year given that Miami is a very "high floor" team with their defense and style of play.

Genghis Khan

The Jets are supposedly locked in on Wilson, which is why the Eagles decided to move down and not up.

As far as the Eagles, I definitely don't love their chances at a high pick next year given that Miami is a very "high floor" team with their defense and style of play.

If they end up with 3 first round picks they certainly have the ammunition to trade up next year if the opportunity presents itself.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If they end up with 3 first round picks they certainly have the ammunition to trade up next year if the opportunity presents itself.
Good thing it's a weak QB class then, eh?

I'm sure someone will pop up but unless someone has a Burrow-like emergence it's looking like a very weak class.

People were talking about Lawrence, Fields and Lance a year or even two in advance, who is considered blue chip next year?

Sam Howell?

Please.

Genghis Khan

I'm sure someone will pop up but unless someone has a Burrow-like emergence it's looking like a very weak class.

People were talking about Lawrence, Fields and Lance a year or even two in advance, who is considered blue chip next year?

Sam Howell?

Please.

I don't disagree, but they can certainly move up and get very high next draft if they want.

If I was them I'd have stayed at 6 this year and hoped for one of the top QBs this season.

The other alternative is they're trying to get Watson. Three 1sts plus a couple of throw ins is probably enough to get it done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't disagree, but they can certainly move up and get very high next draft if they want.

If I was them I'd have stayed at 6 this year and hoped for one of the top QBs this season.

The other alternative is they're trying to get Watson. Three 1sts plus a couple of throw ins is probably enough to get it done.
They will probably have a very high pick next year regardless.

I don't think anyone will be trading for Watson this offseason. That situation has gotten crazy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Sam Howell?

Please.
Rattler or Slovis could be that level by next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Meh, neither of them are especially impressive and they'd need to make a huge leap. It's more likely than not that there is no Burrow-level QB let alone Lawrence.

It could work out but I think it's a huge risk to basically have all your QB eggs in one draft basket, unless the plan is to trade them all for Watson assuming he isn't in jail.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh, neither of them are especially impressive and they'd need to make a huge leap. It's more likely than not that there is no Burrow-level QB let alone Lawrence.

It could work out but I think it's a huge risk to basically have all your QB eggs in one draft basket, unless the plan is to trade them all for Watson assuming he isn't in jail.
Yeah Rattler doesn't look that good to me at all. Small and erratic but maybe that offense will prop him up.

Slovis is meh

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Not likely. Rattler is too raw as a passer with limited QB skills, and Slovis is slightly built with a mediocre arm. Based on his play, he's a 5th-6th round pick.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yall are crazy. Rattler is crazy talented arm-wise. Only knock on him is he's kind of small. (Plus he might be kind of a d-bag.)

You do have to factor in that he was a freshman last year and improved greatly as the year went on.

He'll go near the top of the draft next year.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yall are crazy. Rattler is crazy talented arm-wise. Only knock on him is he's kind of small. (Plus he might be kind of a d-bag.)

You do have to factor in that he was a freshman last year and improved greatly as the year went on.

He'll go near the top of the draft next year.
Being raw as a passer doesn’t take anything away from the talent. Michael Vick was talented arm-wise too, but he never developed that ability well enough to use it as effectively as the raw talent could have allowed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Being raw as a passer doesn’t take anything away from the talent. Michael Vick was talented arm-wise too, but he never developed that ability well enough to use it as effectively as the raw talent could have allowed.
I don't know what you mean, it doesn't take anything away from the talent. You don't expect him to be a finished product as a raw freshman, do you?

Or do you think he's already shown he doesn't have the talent? IMO he has. He's already made throws Mayfield and Murray didn't make. Of course they do other things better than him, but as a pure passer I think he's better than they are.

Top Bottom