LOL @ The Eagles

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Last year he was tagged months before he signed. Dallas could not have traded him on draft day 2020, for example, because Dak had not yet signed.
Yes, that's what I said. You stated they can't trade him. That's false. They absolutely can and it's been done before. He just has to agree by signing the tender.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yes, that's what I said. You stated they can't trade him. That's false. They absolutely can and it's been done before. He just has to agree by signing the tender.
You missed the part where I said he has to be under contract, which is what a signed tender is. I know you want to be contentious, but a tender is an offered contract.

Genghis Khan

You missed the part where I said he has to be under contract, which is what a signed tender is. I know you want to be contentious, but try reading the post.

There's a difference between a league mandated tender agreement and an actual contract agreement.

You were implying that we can't trade him on the tender. We absolutely can, he can just basically block it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There's a difference between a league mandated tender agreement and an actual contract agreement.

You were implying that we can't trade him on the tender. We absolutely can, he can just basically block it.
In this context ‘tender’ is a term that represents a contract offer, mandated under the leagues various FA rules. A tender is not a thing that exits independent from a contract. It refers to the contract.

You don’t sign both a tender and a contract. When you trade a player with a signed tender the player and his contract and the remaining cap burden all travel together.

Bottom line, a signed tender is a signed contract.

Genghis Khan

In this context ‘tender’ is a term that represents a contract offer, mandated under the leagues various FA rules. A tender is not a thing that exits independent from a contract. It refers to the contract.

You don’t sign both a tender and a contract. When you trade a player with a signed tender the player and his contract and the remaining cap burden all travel together.

Bottom line, a signed tender is a signed contract.
No.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Could even be disinformation put out through Mort if they're looking to take a QB with their first, or even move up for one.

My question is, competition? With whom?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If the Eagles did decide to go all in on Hurts as QB1, I think they'd probably have to do a significant overhaul to their scheme. RPO, playaction, and QB option heavy schemes. Kinda like what the Ravens have done for Lamar.

With that being said, that style of play really hasn't led to any sustained success in the NFL. Especially come playoff time.

Genghis Khan

Roseman loves doing things like that so it wouldn't surprise me.

But the biggest difference between then and now is, both of the top 2 teams in the 2016 draft thought they already had their QBs and wanted to move out. That's not the case this year.

Also, unlike 2016, one of the "franchise" type QBs will probably be available at their pick. Roseman famously stated in 2016 that they didn't have a preference between Wentz and Goff, and they might not have a preference again this year (obviously other than Lawrence, who they aren't getting regardless). They probably like all of the top 4.

I think it's much more likely the eagles stay at 6 and take either Lance or a receiver (including Pitts) or an OL.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I hope they take Pitts. Great player but with their shit QB, aging line and no WRs a luxury like TE would be such a fail.
Me too. Even one of the WRs. I hope they don’t get one of the top tackles.

Genghis Khan

Given Lurie's mandate, I think they take Pitts or a WR.
I'm skeptical of that report honestly. It would be very unlike Lurie to make a mandate like that.

Although I'm going to contradict myself and say maybe there is something to it. Reports about his involvement appear to be piling up. Where there's smoke there's fire I guess.

If he is meddling that's great news for us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom