LOL @ The Eagles

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think what they are trying to do is justify not playing a bunch of guys this Sunday. I don't think it's that they intentionally wanted the 5 seed over the two seed. But now that their odds are slim, they are just saying it's better to take a week off, get healthy and prepare for the playoffs as opposed to busting their asses for the game this weekend and still having a high probability of the 5 seed anyway.

Now for the Cowboys this is way more important. We are just a far better team at home than on the road. I think the #2 seed is stupid important for our team. It means not having to play on the road until the NFC Championship game and even then if the 49ers lose, than suddenly we stay home for that game as well. It's just a massive swing for this team.

I also think a week of rest is overrated. Watch a team like the Ravens rest for two weeks and have it blow up in their faces.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Would AJ Brown really be cool with being the #2 WR?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think what they are trying to do is justify not playing a bunch of guys this Sunday. I don't think it's that they intentionally wanted the 5 seed over the two seed. But now that their odds are slim, they are just saying it's better to take a week off, get healthy and prepare for the playoffs as opposed to busting their asses for the game this weekend and still having a high probability of the 5 seed anyway.

Now for the Cowboys this is way more important. We are just a far better team at home than on the road. I think the #2 seed is stupid important for our team. It means not having to play on the road until the NFC Championship game and even then if the 49ers lose, than suddenly we stay home for that game as well. It's just a massive swing for this team.

I also think a week of rest is overrated. Watch a team like the Ravens rest for two weeks and have it blow up in their faces.
I've been saying for a few weeks that in a vacuum playing on the road at Tampa is easier than the Rams or potentially even the Seahawks at home.

With that said, there's a reason that I never said I preferred the 5 seed over the 2 and it's because playing that second home game far outweighs what might be a somewhat easier first round matchup. If you think you're a SB contender you aren't going to be so worried about the Rams/Seahawks vs. Bucs that you'd rather give up that second home game.

And I find it hilarious that this guy is pretending that Evans/Godwin aren't capable of tearing up the Eagles defense, there's an argument that they're the best WR duo in the conference alongside Metcalf/Lockett and Brown/Smith.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
None of us here are cap experts but honestly I feel like we waste a lot of money on players who aren't giving us max impact for what we spend. Pollard, Lawrence, LVE, Tyron Smith, Dorrance Armstrong, Michael Gallup, maybe a few more.

Lot of wasted cash. We could stand to be a little shrewder on long term deals.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With that said, there's a reason that I never said I preferred the 5 seed over the 2 and it's because playing that second home game far outweighs what might be a somewhat easier first round matchup. If you think you're a SB contender you aren't going to be so worried about the Rams/Seahawks vs. Bucs that you'd rather give up that second home game.
Yeah if your goal is to win one playoff game and get booted again you're absolutely right. But if the goal is to go to the NFC Championship game, this is a way better road for us. A second round game in San Fran would blow even if the Bucs are an easier win in round 1.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
O yeah, I am absolutely sure their masterplan included losing to the Cardinals. Genius!
He's clearly trying to rationalize why the Eagles poor play is actually a good thing.

At this point it's all they have left.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
He's clearly trying to rationalize why the Eagles poor play is actually a good thing.

At this point it's all they have left.
I agree. Thing is, they have played like shit all season on defense. The offense has so much talent at WR that it's able to bale their asses out of some shit, but a good team with a good defense, and they're pretty much done unless everything pretty much goes their way (refs).

Top Bottom