LOL @ The Eagles

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Let's get AJ Brown when the Eagles cut him loose, a la the Terrell Owens situation.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Let's get AJ Brown when the Eagles cut him loose, a la the Terrell Owens situation.
You know we're not gonna spend that money, especially at a position that I don't think the organization views as a priority.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Where would we get the money for him? We have some big contracts coming in the near future. Parsons, Dak, Cee Dee...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah we should though.
I think that receiver does need to be higher up the list than the team thinks but I don't know if AJ Brown is the right guy because he's shown a propensity for having thin skin and his attitude in Philly has not been the best this season.

He's looking like he's one of those guys you DON'T want in your locker room when adversity arises.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think that receiver does need to be higher up the list than the team thinks but I don't know if AJ Brown is the right guy because he's shown a propensity for having thin skin and his attitude in Philly has not been the best this season.

He's looking like he's one of those guys you DON'T want in your locker room when adversity arises.
Where have I heard this before

1704468166875.jpeg

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Where would we get the money for him? We have some big contracts coming in the near future. Parsons, Dak, Cee Dee...
None of us here are cap experts but honestly I feel like we waste a lot of money on players who aren't giving us max impact for what we spend. Pollard, Lawrence, LVE, Tyron Smith, Dorrance Armstrong, Michael Gallup, maybe a few more.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Where have I heard this before

View attachment 694220
Oh no doubt, but Owens was arguably the best receiver in football at that time and he was seen as the missing piece so the risk was worth it.

Plus, we had Bill Parcells so you were confident that we had a guy who could control him for the most part.

AJ Brown, while he would certainly help, is not the missing piece here.

We're in much more need of linebackers, a run stuffer at DT, and another pass rusher.

Hell, even RB is higher on the list.

To me, WR is #5 on our list and I think we can get the improvements we need there without breaking the bank.

Honestly, I don't think we're all that bad there as-is. I know you're not crazy about Brandin Cooks but the guy has been pretty good and that's with the coaches not knowing how to use them for half a season and that missing him on a number of deep balls that would have been touchdowns.

So yeah, I think it's a need, but it's not higher than those other aforementioned areas.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
None of us here are cap experts but honestly I feel like we waste a lot of money on players who aren't giving us max impact for what we spend. Pollard, Lawrence, LVE, Tyron Smith, Dorrance Armstrong, Michael Gallup, maybe a few more.
I think there's a lot of truth to that and we definitely overpay our own, but that doesn't mean the right thing to do is overspend outside of the organization.

i just wish we were more aggressive in acquiring top notch talent and not be so frugal all the damn time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think WR actually will be a priority in the offseason since Gallup is likely to be released, but there isn't a team in the league who can afford two WR's on contracts averaging $28-32M/year unless they have a rookie deal contract QB and/or completely ignore other areas of the roster.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:mad:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Agree, I want another high end WR.
I don't think it's a massive need, but considering the fact that Gallup should be cut I think it's big enough of a need to warrant spending a 1 on the position if it's a BPA situation. I also think there's unique value there given our roster with how slanted the league has become towards offense and the passing game, and the fact that we have a top 5-7ish QB in the prime of his career who seems to have made a leap under a new offensive system.

We just can't afford two WR's paid as top 3-5 guys in the league.

As an aside, it's unfair to lump guys like Armstrong, Tyron and Lawrence in with Gallup and Pollard. Those three are legit contributors and more or less worth what they're paid, with Lawrence arguably being a value with how he's played this year.

Top Bottom