Lions Stuff…

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
where would he have gone in the draft absent the neck injury?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably middle of the second.
Yeah his college tape is really fun to watch. The guy really flies and hits. I'm excited to see how good he can be in the NFL if that surgery hasn't impacted his ability to play. Without the injury I think he had the ability to be at least a really good starter if not an elite starter.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah his college tape is really fun to watch. The guy really flies and hits. I'm excited to see how good he can be in the NFL if that surgery hasn't impacted his ability to play. Without the injury I think he had the ability to be at least a really good starter if not an elite starter.
Still a very puzzling situation with this kid. Many reports question the true need of him having fusion surgery when he had absolutely zero symptoms or issues with his neck before an MRI showed anything related to a slightly herniated disc.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Still a very puzzling situation with this kid. Many reports question the true need of him having fusion surgery when he had absolutely zero symptoms or issues with his neck before an MRI showed anything related to a slightly herniated disc.
It was discovered by the Cowboys medical staff, so make your own assumptions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I guess the simple answer is the sooner you do it the less long term impact the issue has. So by doing it before it ever is a problem he should have a better prognosis than if he waited until it became a problem.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bored as fuck, had a shitty day.

So I guess I am going to watch the Tampa game all over again, just so I can torture myself understand what we are getting back in Prescott.

DId you guys know his second completion was to Dennis Houston?

His name was Dennis Houston.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's one thing I'm interested in when Dak comes back. Before there were times he sort of locked on to his camp pet Houston. When Rush came in it's like Houston disappeared. I wonder if Dak goes through his progressions any better after watching from the sidelines for a while.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Bored as fuck, had a shitty day.

So I guess I am going to watch the Tampa game all over again, just so I can torture myself understand what we are getting back in Prescott.

DId you guys know his second completion was to Dennis Houston?

His name was Dennis Houston.
Yeah, after the Tampa game I don't see the excitement for getting our average QB back. It isn't like this is the Ravens 2000 D that allowed Trent Dilfer to win a ring.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, after the Tampa game I don't see the excitement for getting our average QB back. It isn't like this is the Ravens 2000 D that allowed Trent Dilfer to win a ring.
Judging on one game on opening day is silly. A game where we were able to run the ball for a grand total of 60 yards by our RBs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I wanna block one of his punts. I will recant and repent for all of my Dorance Armstrong hate if he can accomplish this.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dude, he completely unraveled in that game. He had zero confidence in anybody.
There's 11 more games plus the playoffs to see how he plays, it'll be pretty obvious one way or the other what the determination on him is at that point so why is this topic constantly rehashed with the same things being said over and over?

It's not like there's anything that can be done with him now given that he's far and away the best QB on the roster.

Nothing that happens over the next few weeks is changing either of those truths or giving us a definitive answer either way.

Top Bottom