Lions Stuff…

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just noticed that Nantz and Romo are doing this game.

A game like this seems like it should be beneath a network's #1 broadcast team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As long as we don't let Swift go crazy Goff will be put into a fugue state by the 3rd quarter just like Stafford.
Yeah, this one shouldn't be a problem provided we can control the LOS.

This year, Goff has had himself probably his best streak of games since he was traded from the Rams. That is still not great though. He can be rattled into turnovers.

I always look at the opposing OL in every game and the Lions don't have names other than Sewell, but they are well coached. They are pretty good at opening lanes to support the run. And they can hit you with a similar deal as we try to do which is having Swift being the threat and Williams being the guy that gets the tough yards. But he's actually doing a lot more than Elliott.

I expect the Fightin' Campbells to come out with some offensive trickery early. It is kind of what they do until their defense blows the lead. They simply can’t stop the run, so hard play action is the way to go.

It likely will come down to the magic number 20. If the Cowboys offense can score above 20 this one should be a W.

Offensively: don’t get crazy and don’t get cute either .. We know boy wonder likes to call a lot of bullshit after moving the ball for a few 1st downs .. play clean . Need to put Dak in good situations .. he didn’t play well in week 1 and hasn’t played since then

defensively: must must must keep Swift bottled up and force Goff to beat ya..he’s not mobile at all … I see lots of sacks and a ton of pressure .

need a Big W here to reassure the confidence and right the ship after that Sunday night hiccup ..

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I hadn't really paid attention to the NFL standings until today. Holy crap the NFC is wide open.

There are only 4 teams in the NFC who have a winning record and 3 of those teams are in the NFC East.

Just imagine if the Joneses actually put any effort into improving the roster this offseason. I can't remember the last time the path to the NFC title game looked this clear after 6 weeks.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think so long as Dak and Kellen Moore don't lose sight of what got us here, we should be no worse than 7-3 after 10 games.

Hell, if we play to our potential we could even be 8-2, it's just all about keeping the right perspective on offense.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
his salary (nice going, Stephen) means we can't trade him

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tolbert time! Let's do this!

But in all seriousness. I still think Dak needs Lamb. I would like to at least see some of what Tolbert is capable of. And maybe it's just utter shit and explains why he hasn't played. That's a reasonable explanation. But it's also possible that he is just a rookie and learning. But at some point I'd like to see what we have and at least put a little more speed and explosive ability on the field. And then if it is total shit we know what we need to do at WR. Right now it seems like Pollard is the only guy capable of creating a big play. Lamb has been open for some big plays but he has either dropped the ball or Cooper has whiffed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I wonder if the throwing Dak has been doing with Washington could help their chemistry. I have to admit I wonder if he might add something, just as an experienced WR who has started a lot of NFL games and seen all kinds of coverages. I know he didn't do much in OTAs, but that's OTAs... and a vet like him probably isn't super fired up for those.

Then I think he does nothing on special teams, so is there even a place for him on Sundays.

Top Bottom