LBGT bulies and Schools

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can say that I know a couple of teachers, and some of them are retards. I know a teacher that consistently screws up words like "your" and "you're".

Though I'm sure there are some good ones out there.
Of course there are.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Your posts in this thread are beyond retarded and show your ignorance. I know you're smarter than this but your arrogance can't let you back down from the most retarded position.
You've yet to say how it's retarded other than repeating that it is.

Probably because you know you can't defend your position.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'm smarter than most teachers though. :art
Probably, but I think if you knew more teachers you'd realize that "most" teachers are not imbecile babysitters intellectually incapable of doing anything else like you portray. In fact, I'm betting that plenty of people who went on to become teachers could have gone on and *gasp* completed law school if that was their goal. I know several teachers right now that without a doubt fit that description.

Last edited:

2233boys

Not So New Member
You've yet to say how it's retarded other than repeating that it is.

Probably because you know you can't defend your position.
Here are just a few.

You said most teachers are stupid, as just about everyone pointed out, that was an extreme generalization. Teachers are just tools of the state indoctrination, another simplistic (not to mention retarded) generalization. Most have no skills other than babysitting and being opinionated, that's just retarded. You implied that teachers choose their own curriculum, you show your ignorance again. You said they couldn't get a job in mathematics or science or anything technical. What the hell do you base that on?

Most if not all of your points have been laughable.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Here are just a few.

You said most teachers are stupid, as just about everyone pointed out, that was an extreme generalization. Teachers are just tools of the state indoctrination, another simplistic (not to mention retarded) generalization. Most have no skills other than babysitting and being opinionated, that's just retarded. You implied that teachers choose their own curriculum, you show your ignorance again. You said they couldn't get a job in mathematics or science or anything technical. What the hell do you base that on?

Most if not all of your points have been laughable.
I'm married to a teacher who has a masters degree in Educational Technology and has math as a single subject on her credential. She's also going to be going back to school to get degrees in Physics and Environmental Engineering, so she's far from stupid. She chose to be a teacher because she believes in the benefits of instructing children as a means of increasing the level of education in society to prevent the kind of dumb shit ignorance that Schmitty used. She doesn't "indoctrinate" her students, nor does she fall into any of the gross over-generalizations that Schmitty puked out earlier. It was abundantly clear that he doesn't have a fucking idea what he's talking about.

junk

Not So New Member
The good teachers are the ones that do it because they are passionate about it. However, teaching salaries suck. Especially for all the extra work you have to do to be a good one.

I'd be all for higher teaching salaries, more stringent hiring practices and higher levels of education being required. I guess if that means "throwing more money at it", so be it.

As far as the nonsense about the leftist indoctrination or whatever......that goes both ways. I sure as shit don't want my kid going to a school where they are banning the teaching of theory of evolution.

junk

Not So New Member
I'm married to a teacher who has a masters degree in Educational Technology and has math as a single subject on her credential. She's also going to be going back to school to get degrees in Physics and Environmental Engineering, so she's far from stupid. She chose to be a teacher because she believes in the benefits of instructing children as a means of increasing the level of education in society to prevent the kind of dumb shit ignorance that Schmitty used. She doesn't "indoctrinate" her students, nor does she fall into any of the gross over-generalizations that Schmitty puked out earlier. It was abundantly clear that he doesn't have a fucking idea what he's talking about.
Good call. These are the best teachers.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Many are like that, nice post.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Probably, but I think if you knew more teachers you'd realize that "most" teachers are not imbecile babysitter intellectually incapable of doing anything else like you portray. In fact, I'm betting that plenty of people who went on to become teachers could have gone on and *gasp* completed law school if that was their goal. I know several teachers right now that without a doubt fit that description.
For one thing, just about anybody who can finish college can also get through law school if they actually try. So I'm not trying to portray it that I've run some kind of gauntlet that gives me special status. The biggest barrier to entry into the legal field is actually stupidity -- the stupidity to borrow the money required to attend. The people who are capable of getting scholarships (and therefore not having to take out loans) and truly excelling are in the minority and those people are the real smart ones. I am not in that class, by any means.

So again, my problem with teachers isn't "lack of accomplishments" or "intellectual incapability" -- it's that they hold themselves out as the gatekeepers of special knowledge when in actuality MOST of them don't possess that knowledge moreso than your average unmarketable college grad.

If you want me to say "strictly speaking from my experience," fine, but almost without exception from what I've seen the teachers entering the workforce these days are the equivalent of a college graduate English major. If they have more than a bachelors degree (and these days that is seeming to become necessary), when I ask "What is your graduate degree in" it's secondary education or something similar.

I'm not implying they are literally mentally handicapped, of course, but pretty thoroughly unmarketable given their training. I'm not saying they are incapable of being trained to do anything else (in fact I wish they would), either, just that they currently ARE underqualifed for the real world.

Most of them are NOT trained counselors, most of them are NOT competent mathematicians or scientists with advanced degrees in math or science, most of them are NOT constitutional law experts, yet they are the primary source of information in all these subjects for the first 18 (or 22, or 25, or 28) years of life of young people. I would say about half of my law school professors, in fact, were only professors because they couldn't cut it in private practice.

As such, because of the position they are put in, they inevitably become a filter for (and there isn't really much better of a word for it than propaganda, but I'll try to tone it down) the accepted policies and viewpoints of the bureaucracy above them.

And that is MOSTLY what the people who have those jobs end up doing.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Would you say your wife's level of technical expertise represents the average, or that she is ahead of most of her coworkers?

PS.... seeing that you and I agree on about 99% of things (politics, etc), then you should be praying more kids end up like me.

Sorry to insult your wife, but she is clearly the exception to the rule.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
One of my best friend's wives is a teacher... she has her doctorate in math. She is another exception to the rule.

There are very few of them out there with her level of expertise, however.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Teachers are not overpaid. That's an absolutely ridiculous notion. Especially in today's world when they have to deal with kids that have zero support from home.
:dunce

If shittiness of your job determined how much you should make, garbage men would be millionaires. With the standards where they currently are to be a teacher they absolutely are over paid. If they were truly under paid, like people love to spew out, there would be a severe shortage of teachers and there isn't.

Either raise the standards to become a teacher or lower the pay. Currently the profession is being over paid. I realize this isn't what media and teachers have taught us we should believe but it's the truth.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For one thing, just about anybody who can finish college can also get through law school if they actually try. So I'm not trying to portray it that I've run some kind of gauntlet that gives me special status. The biggest barrier to entry into the legal field is actually stupidity -- the stupidity to borrow the money required to attend. The people who are capable of getting scholarships (and therefore not having to take out loans) and truly excelling are in the minority and those people are the real smart ones. I am not in that class, by any means.

So again, my problem with teachers isn't "lack of accomplishments" or "intellectual incapability" -- it's that they hold themselves out as the gatekeepers of special knowledge when in actuality MOST of them don't possess that knowledge moreso than your average unmarketable college grad.

If you want me to say "strictly speaking from my experience," fine, but almost without exception from what I've seen the teachers entering the workforce these days are the equivalent of a college graduate English major. If they have more than a bachelors degree (and these days that is seeming to become necessary), when I ask "What is your graduate degree in" it's secondary education or something similar.

I'm not implying they are literally mentally handicapped, of course, but pretty thoroughly unmarketable given their training. I'm not saying they are incapable of being trained to do anything else (in fact I wish they would), either, just that they currently ARE underqualifed for the real world.

Most of them are NOT trained counselors, most of them are NOT competent mathematicians or scientists with advanced degrees in math or science, most of them are NOT constitutional law experts, yet they are the primary source of information in all these subjects for the first 18 (or 22, or 25, or 28) years of life of young people.

As such, because of the position they are put in, they inevitably become a filter for (and there isn't really much better of a word for it than propaganda, but I'll try to tone it down) the accepted policies and viewpoints of the bureaucracy above them.

And that is MOSTLY what the people who have those jobs end up doing.
:lol

Yeah, teachers as a rule are the secret keepers of info. They talk about it all the time in their super-secret book fight club meetings.

Cotton

Staff member
:dunce

If shittiness of your job determined how much you should make, garbage men would be millionaires. With the standards where they currently are to be a teacher they absolutely are over paid. If they were truly under paid, like people love to spew out, there would be a severe shortage of teachers and there isn't.

Either raise the standards to become a teacher or lower the pay. Currently the profession is being over paid. I realize this isn't what media and teachers have taught us we should believe but it's the truth.
They are far from overpaid. And, comparing driving a truck or tossing a garbage can to dealing with a moronic kid who throws shit at you and not getting any backup from your administration is stupid. They are unequivocally underpaid. You want more quality as a whole then pay them more and raise the standards for entry into the profession. But, your assertion that they are overpaid is ridiculous. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol

Yeah, teachers as a rule are the secret keepers of info. They talk about it all the time in their super-secret book fight club meetings.
Well look at the one in this article. He thinks he has the monopoly on what is acceptable discourse.

I'd say more of the teachers that I had in my life than not, were the same way. Some of them weren't as overt, but in the end, their biases inevitably come through (and as teachers, their biases are USUALLY the biases of the state, if you don't believe me, look at how many teachers are pro-union and vote democrat).

Unforunately, that is usually a large part of curriculums these days. It's certainly not imparting their vast, comprehensive knowledge of mathematics from the 24 year old with a teaching certificate who was out getting shit faced with her BFFs last weekend.

And that is my real point.

Schools need to become more rigorous and focused. Most of school these days is a waste of time; you could probably get all the "teaching" done in half the time or less. The rest is filler, and social/societal integration.

Needs to be more like apprenticeship, really. And for that you need experts teaching the finer points of the various subjects. He should be too busy teaching chemistry to impart his lessons about what he feels racism is.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Well look at the one in this article. He thinks he has the monopoly on what is acceptable discourse.

I'd say more of the teachers that I had in my life than not, were the same way. Some of them weren't as overt, but in the end, their biases inevitably come through (and as teachers, their biases are USUALLY the biases of the state, if you don't believe me, look at how many teachers are pro-union and vote democrat).

Unforunately, that is usually a large part of curriculums these days.
I got you now. You have a disdain for teachers because you always felt you were smarter than them. Makes perfect sense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They are far from overpaid.... They are unequivocally underpaid.... But, your assertion that they are overpaid is ridiculous. You have no clue what you're talking about.
Gee, C-rock, I don't know how you can come back from that one.

Top Bottom