LBGT bulies and Schools

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
People always quote average teacher salaries, but teachers get paid based on experience, with time in grade. The average teacher in Texas makes about 48k, but I didn't make nearly that. Most I made was 38. There are 50-60 year olds making over 50k but that doesn't do much to recruit new teachers.

Having done both, I'd rather work in a prison than teach, considering how small the pay raise is to go back to teaching. If you want to pay teachers less, go ahead. They already don't have job security in this state and their benefits get worse every year. There are a ton of them retiring right now. If people don't care who replaces those teachers, they'll get what they pay for.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So we're all in agreement that most teachers are underqualified for jobs outside of (loosely put) "academia"? Good, glad no one offered any arguments against it, saves me time.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So we're all in agreement that most teachers are underqualified for jobs outside of (loosely put) "academia"? Good, glad no one offered any arguments against it, saves me time.
Yeah, you're full of shit. Teachers are all kinds of people who teach for all kinds of reasons. Yeah, some of them are people who got scared of the real world and left college to go right back to the school environment they were most familiar with. Some of the people I've worked with hold Masters degrees, a few had doctorates, one had a helicopter pilot's license. Your problem is that you equate intelligence with ambition. A lot of really smart people just want to make a decent living at a job that allows them job security and a stable schedule.

Your other problem is that you're a smarmy, self righteous prick who hasn't accomplished significantly more than the average teacher your age. Talk shit when the hot bitches, Bentleys, and mansion exist somewhere besides your masturbation fantasies. You're an assistant with massive debt that sucks at getting laid right now. You don't exactly have scoreboard on anybody that isn't incarcerated.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Because you really aren't worth it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yeah, you're full of shit. Teachers are all kinds of people who teach for all kinds of reasons. Yeah, some of them are people who got scared of the real world and left college to go right back to the school environment they were most familiar with. Some of the people I've worked with hold Masters degrees, a few had doctorates, one had a helicopter pilot's license. Your problem is that you equate intelligence with ambition. A lot of really smart people just want to make a decent living at a job that allows them job security and a stable schedule.

Your other problem is that you're a smarmy, self righteous prick who hasn't accomplished significantly more than the average teacher your age. Talk shit when the hot bitches, Bentleys, and mansion exist somewhere besides your masturbation fantasies. You're an assistant with massive debt that sucks at getting laid right now. You don't exactly have scoreboard on anybody that isn't incarcerated.
:lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, you're full of shit. Teachers are all kinds of people who teach for all kinds of reasons. Yeah, some of them are people who got scared of the real world and left college to go right back to the school environment they were most familiar with.
Most of them.

Some of the people I've worked with hold Masters degrees, a few had doctorates, one had a helicopter pilot's license.
Having advanced degrees doesn't change what I'm saying. Is it a masters in chemical engineering, or in early childhood education?

You will find very few masters degrees in math, or chemistry, or things like that, in K-8 education.

Your other problem is that you're a smarmy, self righteous prick who hasn't accomplished significantly more than the average teacher your age.
There's nothing wrong with not accomplishing anything, if that's what you want from life; but not doing so and then positioning ones self as an educator and a role model and the only right way to think, and furthermore, enforcing it through their authority, is what makes (most of) the profession repugnant.

I'm just a dick for pointing that out. That's ok.

You're an assistant with massive debt that sucks at getting laid right now. You don't exactly have scoreboard on anybody that isn't incarcerated.
... and teachers. :art

Assistant is a good one... easy to win when we're fabricating things.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

:lol

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

I don't know how true any of the last stuff is, but this is a pure genius insult...

Back to the first part. The sad thing is that just like the generalizations that get lumped on cops and LE in general, the same can happen to any profession. I know there area super teachers out there that don't buy into any of the crap the liberal leftist one foist on them, but it seems more and more that they are the minority especially in the higher levels of education. So our jobs as parents is as I said before. Be vigilant about what your kids are being taught or exposed to and take action when you feel it warranted. And also, support those good teachers that are out there.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh, and for what it's worth, I'll be the first to admit that lawyers are a drain on productivity.

The difference is, I'm not brainwashing 5 year olds that it's wrong to wear an NRA shirt or confederate flag belt buckle. In my job, I only get to lecture people on things I actually know something about, like bankruptcy.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The sad thing is that just like the generalizations that get lumped on cops and LE in general
The sad thing is that someone who would make similar generalizations about cops, is offended now that teachers have been singled out since he used to be one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Overpaid? :lol

The average teacher salary here in WV is like $44,000.
You do realize that if that is a full time job (Actually working 12 months) that it comes out to about $60,000 annually. The real reason I say they are overpaid is because there is a surplus of teachers. It is simply supply and demand. In the private industry salaries would drop to compensate for this. Of course since schools are publicly funded the wages are artificially held high.

It's either that or the standards to become a teacher should be raised in order to reduce that workforce and justify the higher salary. I know saying teachers are over paid is a slap in the face of general public crying for raises in teachers wages but that's because people are under the misconception that paying teachers more will somehow improve the quality of the teacher. It's just false.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I can say that I know a couple of teachers, and some of them are retards. I know a teacher that consistently screws up words like "your" and "you're".

Though I'm sure there are some good ones out there.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Better here or there, than always being retarded.
Your posts in this thread are beyond retarded and show your ignorance. I know you're smarter than this but your arrogance can't let you back down from the most retarded position.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Teachers are not overpaid. That's an absolutely ridiculous notion. Especially in today's world when they have to deal with kids that have zero support from home.

Top Bottom