Kelvin Joseph "Person of Interest" in a Murder Investigation

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, take a guy on day 3, I'd even be ok if there was a clear BPA available in the 3rd like Coby Bryant, but anybody who even insinuates we should consider CB in the 1st or 2nd should fuck right off unless Gardner somehow falls to 24 (literally 0.0% chance).
I totally agree. You get to day 3 and if a corner is the best dude on your board, you do it. I don't care about position at all at that point. Just get me the guy who gives me the best chance to hit a homerun. Same could even be said about day 3. But in the first two rounds there is too much talent to go hunting for a corner that you don't really need. I don't even really like any of the corners in the second round, assuming the guys I think will go in the first do go in the first.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I just cannot see this abject failure of an off-season not affecting things. We just can’t have nice things.
It ruins the whole vibe and the karma. Things spiral downward and nobody goes into the season feeling positive. I believe it's a real thing.

There's a dark cloud hanging over the team. Not necessarily the coaches fault but he can't really pull us out of it either. It's almost entirely the front office's incompetence. Their bungling of contract after contract, inability to put together a roster that can do more than compete in a weak division, etc.

It's pathetically mediocre.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I’m joking of course, but without a doubt they love them. It’s a minor miracle we didn’t take one… again… last year
This fear of us supposedly being such corner whores is so overblown. The way people carry on, we draft one in the first every other year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This fear of us supposedly being such corner whores is so overblown. The way people carry on, we draft one in the first every other year.
Five CBs in the 1st or 2nd round since 2012. Of course I’m paranoid because it’s worsening, if anything.

Parsons is obviously by far the better player, and yet if Denver and Carolina don’t take CB-CB back to back then we would have drafted one top-ten— over the better player!! I mean, fuck these assholes.

Contrast that to one DT in the 1st or 2nd in the 31 years since Russell Maryland in 1991 (that one being mfing Trysten Hill) so you can see the football fan in me starving for better attention to the position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well and yes we wanted one of two corners in the 2021 draft. But it's not crazy, those corners both went before our pick. So the value was there. It wouldn't have been a reach to take Surtain who was an excellent rookie. So it's not like we were forcing a corner, those guys were valued higher than our pick by other teams.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well and yes we wanted one of two corners in the 2021 draft. But it's not crazy, those corners both went before our pick. So the value was there. It wouldn't have been a reach to take Surtain who was an excellent rookie. So it's not like we were forcing a corner, those guys were valued higher than our pick by other teams.
Carolina in particular chose poorly, letting Parsons fall.

Surtain was great last year, but his team already had Bradley Chubb, Von Miller, and Justin Simmons.

Dallas was a team with one reliable front seven player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I mean I agree but I don't know if Jerry is being honest. Listening to Jerry and trying to read the tea leaves is mostly an exercise of futility. There are people who are straight shooters and Jerry is about as far the other direction as you can get.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I mean I agree but I don't know if Jerry is being honest. Listening to Jerry and trying to read the tea leaves is mostly an exercise of futility. There are people who are straight shooters and Jerry is about as far the other direction as you can get.
So…we are corner whoring again? [/Ravi]

• Props
Reactions: p1_

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Just find us some damn impact players, geez.

This CB/DL debate is like the civil war, maybe both sides are wrong.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
An impact DL > CB
Agree. You must have good CB's, because the rush can't get there every time, but the whole defense is built on the DL.

No way I invest in the secondary if the front is weak, and right now it's as weak as it has ever been.

Top Bottom