Kelvin Joseph "Person of Interest" in a Murder Investigation

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
What about Oline vs. WR. We need this debate right meow.
Know you joke, but both are critical. Here you take the most talented of either, with a slight general lean towards OL, but the right WR can change the entire team (unlike CB).

The Bengals were pathetically bad in 2020, desperately needed OL, drafted Chase and promptly went to the fucking Superbowl.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Know you joke, but both are critical. Here you take the most talented of either, with a slight general lean towards OL, but the right WR can change the entire team (unlike CB).

The Bengals were pathetically bad in 2020, desperately needed OL, drafted Chase and promptly went to the fucking Superbowl.
I'm not entirely joking. To some extent it's a similar argument but their are clear differences. You can't get the ball to your receivers if you can't protect the QB (Joe Burrow aside). A great Oline makes everyone else on that side of the ball better. You need more than one great Olineman to really dominate.

It's a debate that is sort of relevant to right now. Ultimately I think you need both. You can't survive without talented WRs or an Oline (Except maybe Joe Burrow). Would I prefer to fix the Oline before I worry about receiver, sure. But I also recognize that the better Oline won't do much if your guys can't beat the coverage.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm not entirely joking. To some extent it's a similar argument but their are clear differences. You can't get the ball to your receivers if you can't protect the QB (Joe Burrow aside). A great Oline makes everyone else on that side of the ball better. You need more than one great Olineman to really dominate.

It's a debate that is sort of relevant to right now. Ultimately I think you need both. You can't survive without talented WRs or an Oline (Except maybe Joe Burrow). Would I prefer to fix the Oline before I worry about receiver, sure. But I also recognize that the better Oline won't do much if your guys can't beat the coverage.
You need the most impactful individual independently assessing each WR/OL.

The fundamental difference in the DL/CB and OL/WR conversations is CB's have a much harder time making aggressive impact as their role is very passive and they can be schemed around so high-quality CBs don't necessarily free up other defenders the way high quality DL do. CB's can be aggressive on blitzes (rare) or jumping patterns (way too inconsistent).

Football is an aggressive game. In the WR/OL case each can directly improve the play of those around them and each can be aggressive (WR with the ball in their hands, OL smashing open holes in the running game).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

With Eli Apple starting.

Top Bottom