JSmith has passed away...

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I was talking with my wife about this when I first read it. I have two very good friends in my life. Beyond them I am close with this board as about anyone. When we lose someone it hurts. I have lurked heavily in the past and post a lot more than I used to. I talk to you hooligans on a daily basis and appreciate the last 18 years now that I have been a part of the mix here.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
That's very sad to hear. Never interacted much with him here. I believe he was on the old Dallascowboys.com message board at the same time I was, and I definitely had a few brief exchanges with him at the Zone. Rest in peace, brother.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Wow. That’s a big loss. Very active poster here, along with being an all around good guy. Talked a lot of guns with him.

:Edit: Damn I see he came to Surfside Beach on vacation….literally 4 miles from me. I guess we all sorta know each other here, but don’t really “know” each other. Crazy.
RIP brother. :buddy

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
From his daughter:

Hello again, Im currently going through all of my dads stuff and I found a Oakland Raiders hat that he was supposed to send out to someone due to him losing a bet or possibly to do with the league? If yall have any idea let me know. Also my grandmother (James mother) is very moved from all the outreach from the posting of my dad passing away and she thought any charity yall wanted to give to or whatever yall wanted to do would be perfect for him just let us know.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wait a minute....

@boozeman @mcnuttz

Wasn't one of our very first podcast tests with him? I believe it was the 4 of us one night.....right?

If so, this makes it even sadder.

:sad

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wait a minute....

@boozeman @mcnuttz

Wasn't one of our very first podcast tests with him? I believe it was the 4 of us one night.....right?

If so, this makes it even sadder.

:sad
Sure was, his son had set his computer up so he could join us on a test session.

I had no idea he wasn't doing well.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I want to contribute something, too. Did the daughter mention his favorite charity yet?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sure was, his son had set his computer up so he could join us on a test session.

According to his daughter she was an only child.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

That's right... He needed help with his mic.

And yeah, that's exactly what I thought too -- how we had no idea he wasn't doing well.

Shit man..... We've all been around here so long that it just feels more personal when we lose someone.

Top Bottom