John Madden Passes at 85

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
would you rather beat Washington 56-14 or 17-14?

In the Super Bowl I mean.

On December 26, you might worry about what it means for their prospects for the rest of the season.

Once the super bowl is over, a win is a win.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welcome to the DCC. Please sit back, grab an avatar, and settle in.
But, I am now being told that this board is way too optimistic. It's probably fake, but it's from a reliable source.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

On December 26, you might worry about what it means for their prospects for the rest of the season.

I'd rather destroy the Steelers than the Bills due to the bad history

data

Forbes #1

We were two plays for having the record for most points scored and largest blowout in a Super Bowl. That doesn't matter one iota? I'm not losing sleep over it, but I won't refuse to admit there are style points.

SB 27 with Leon Lett's fumble and Frank Reich's TD pass where he was clearly over the LOS, the final score could've been 59-10. Currently, the 49ers hold both records with SB XXIV's 55-10 score. It's minor, but it's an argument point for 49ers fans when they say their 1989 squad is the greatest team of all time. Would like to shut them up about it, just like how they used to always say their undefeated 5-0 record is somehow better than our 5-3.

Last edited:

midswat

... soon
Everyone has weighed in and I’ve not read the whole thread because I’ve got adhd but I’m sure nothing but good things have been said and I share so many of the sentiments. I can say that without reading them because John Madden was so universally loved.

My childhood/teen years are filled with memories of watching the Cowboys in their hey day with those two legends telling the story.

I didn’t know how good I had it as a sports fan back then.

A real hero of my youth. RIP.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
For a regular season game? Sure. In the playoffs, if especially the super bowl, I don’t give a single fuck. Win it 2-0 for all I care. Just win.
We're just recalling that SB XXX was a very stressful game (more stressful than the previous two).

Genghis Khan

We were two plays for having the record for most points scored and largest blowout in a Super Bowl. That doesn't matter one iota? I'm not losing sleep over it, but I won't refuse to admit there are style points.

SB 27 with Leon Lett's fumble and Frank Reich's TD pass where he was clearly over the LOS, the final score could've been 59-10.

I'm not saying that though, it's cool if they do even better. But I'm going to enjoy it no matter what.

Every time we win the super bowl there's 31 teams that would take it no matter if it was pretty or not.

Genghis Khan

We're just recalling that SB XXX was a very stressful game (more stressful than the previous two).

No, they're talking about not being able to watch or appreciate the game in retrospect.

data

Forbes #1
You can't compare the joy between XXVII and XXX. Doesn't come close to XXVII.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Everyone has weighed in and I’ve not read the whole thread because I’ve got adhd but I’m sure nothing but Gigi things have been said and I share so many of the sentiments. I can say that without reading them because John Madden was so universally loved.

My childhood/teen years are filled with memories of watching the Cowboys in their hey day with those two legends telling the story.

I didn’t know how good I had it as a sports fan back then.

A real hero of my youth. RIP.
Shut your ass up.

Top Bottom