Joel Osteen's church theft opens can of worms: Jaws drop as folks do the math

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, Joel Osteen has refused to open his church to help the Harvey victims. Like I said.... scumbag.
He is not more of a scumbag than any other business man.

Let the riff raff in his church? He doesn't even do that on days of worship.

Cotton

Staff member
He is not more of a scumbag than any other business man.

Let the riff raff in his church? He doesn't even do that on days of worship.
Uhh, he's a preacher, not a "business man". Or, at least, that is what he has sworn to be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Uhh, he's a preacher, not a "business man". Or, at least, that is what he has sworn to be.
Think about what you just posted.

Many "preachers" are disgusting charlatans that prey on the very stupid and get millions of dollars.

Osteen is one of them.

It is funny how even after guys like Baker and Swaggart that the business is still a good racket.

And yeah, it is a business.

Frickin' Evans.

Cotton

Staff member
Think about what you just posted.

Many "preachers" are disgusting charlatans that prey on the very stupid and get millions of dollars.

Osteen is one of them.

It is funny how even after guys like Baker and Swaggart that the business is still a good racket.

And yeah, it is a business.

Frickin' Evans.
Go back and read this thread again.

There were those defending him for possibly being on the up and up.

I called him a scumbag for tainting the profession by dad worked in for 30 years, and got some BS thrown back in my face.

Not all church is a business. And, that's coming from a man that wished formal religion would go away.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ok, I am not a prosperity preacher defender but this article is utter bullshit. I get why the guys gets slammed - that is because America sucks at doing the mega church thing. But you seriously cannot go off of a tweet or FB post to get your info on this stuff. Unfortunately, "news" has gone the way of tabloids and CNN.

Sadly, those who are in a hurry to slam the guy have no idea what the impact of his ministry has been or will be during the storm.

I personally do not like his message or how he runs things. I would never go to his church or be a follower of his message. But I garauntee you the very few will put more rescources into Houston that Olsteens joint will. I love to make fun of the guy and I am not a fan of mega rich ministries. At all. But come on, the guy is going to take care of his community. Don't be stupid here.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I dont know hot to post the video from facebook but there is a guy walking around his church showing how "inaccessible" his church is.

Cotton

Staff member
I dont know hot to post the video from facebook but there is a guy walking around his church showing how "inaccessible" his church is.
You mean, the completely clear streets all around the church? That article is the fake news nonsense. I have seen the pictures from around that church. You could ride a bike down them and barely get wet.

Cotton

Staff member
Ok, I am not a prosperity preacher defender but this article is utter bullshit. I get why the guys gets slammed - that is because America sucks at doing the mega church thing. But you seriously cannot go off of a tweet or FB post to get your info on this stuff. Unfortunately, "news" has gone the way of tabloids and CNN.

Sadly, those who are in a hurry to slam the guy have no idea what the impact of his ministry has been or will be during the storm.

I personally do not like his message or how he runs things. I would never go to his church or be a follower of his message. But I garauntee you the very few will put more rescources into Houston that Olsteens joint will. I love to make fun of the guy and I am not a fan of mega rich ministries. At all. But come on, the guy is going to take care of his community. Don't be stupid here.
He closed his doors when there are bakeries just trying to get by opening there's to people for shelter. I don't want to hear any of this nonsense about what he is "going to do". That is all speculation. The reality is he nor his church have done jack shit to help anyone so far, and that's all I need to know.

Cotton

Staff member
People driving from all over the country at their own expense to help, and this scumbag won't even open his doors to let people sleep in his 16,000 seat church.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I certainly agree that he is a real disappointment for no other reason than he is a presumed beacon of Christianity in the Houston area. Regardless of the church facility being used he should be at the forefront of the leadership in that area organizing programs to assist the locals and anyone who needs assistance. I may not have the correct information but he is being projected as one who is avoiding this crisis in order to not get his empire involved. I guess we will see.

Cotton

Staff member

Yeah...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think I have been involved in this thread one way or the other and I certainly wouldn't consider myself a Joel Osteen defender.

But didn't I see today that he is opening up his church?

Does that tell Iamtdg all he needs to know too?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think I have been involved in this thread one way or the other and I certainly wouldn't consider myself a Joel Osteen defender.

Its after the fact and I'm sure pressured to do so. The church should have been opened to begin with if you are in that line of work. You know helping fellow man. Instead first responders from out of town stayed at a Buccees ( a giant conscience store).

Cotton

Staff member

After immense pressure, yeah. Doesn't change the fact that it took that pressure to make it happen.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Joel Osteen is awesome. A true beacon of light to lead us through the dark times we are experiencing in this country lately.

Cotton

Staff member
Joel Osteen is awesome. A true beacon of light to lead us through the dark times we are experiencing in this country lately.

Top Bottom