JJT: Witten also had a meltdown on the field

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you read what I posted earlier...I said Irvin had people rallying around him, Dez doesn't. Irving clearly had the respect of his teamates...while it appears that Dez not have the same respect from his teamates. Pretty big difference.
He probably should. He's one of the few players performing at an elite level that appears to dislike losing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Then read posts fully before you comment on them...tiresome having to re-explain shit over and over to you.
You aren't re-explaining. You are trying to still prove a point that's wrong, so you keep saying the same shit over and over again hoping you will eventually be right.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He probably should. He's one of the few players performing at an elite level that appears to dislike losing.
I don't want to take the fire from him, but he needs to figure out a different way to communicate with Romo. Last time Romo had an issue like this...TO...he went bye bye. Much like us, Dez is stuck with Romo, figure out how to make it work for you and the team.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You aren't re-explaining. You are trying to still prove a point that's wrong, so you keep saying the same shit over and over again hoping you will eventually be right.
What point is it that I am trying to prove? My opinion is that Dez going off like that was not productive. Not sure how you prove that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't want to take the fire from him, but he needs to figure out a different way to communicate with Romo. Last time Romo had an issue like this...TO...he went bye bye. Much like us, Dez is stuck with Romo, figure out how to make it work for you and the team.
Unless Bryant gives Romo one of his balls, I fail to see how they can work something out.

superpunk

Banned
Hate to agree with IAMTDG but Carp has really been spinning in place here. Your point seems to be "whatever inane comparison I can think of at the moment to make Dez look bad" and you haven't thought about it much beyond that. Take a time out and come back when you have your thoughts sorted.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Carp is the guy that thinks Jerry isn't the problem.

/flush

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hate to agree with IAMTDG but Carp has really been spinning in place here. Your point seems to be "whatever inane comparison I can think of at the moment to make Dez look bad" and you haven't thought about it much beyond that. Take a time out and come back when you have your thoughts sorted.
How am I making Dez look bad? I am not killing the guy at all, just saying he should have handled it differently. I must have missed all these comparisons I have been making...although exaggeration is a great way to make a point. Outside of Irvin to Dez I am not sure what you are talking about...and I am far from the first one to compate the two players. So good points otherwise.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'd like for someone...anyone in a leadership position on this team to actually appear like they give a shit.

Romo, Witten, Ware...please.

I like the fire that guys like Lee have shown and now Bryant.

They are the guys that need to be the alphas...not these meek gosh darn it we just needed to play better and grind types.
I agree 100%

None of these fucking losers like Ware, Romo and Witten show any emotion. That's one of the big problems with this team- no fiery leaders.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
No one is fiery because the GM holds no one accountable.

Cotton

Staff member
No one is fiery because the GM holds no one accountable.
Absolutely correct. So, it's refreshing to finally see some fire from a team that has been nutless for years. I don't see how anyone can look at Dez's yelling on the sidelines as anything but good. I said earlier that he should probably be coached to do it in a more productive manner, but the actual act of him doing it is a very nice sign of things to come from him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree 100%

None of these fucking losers like Ware, Romo and Witten show any emotion. That's one of the big problems with this team- no fiery leaders.
There is one thing being demonstrative does...it calls attention to yourself and it in essence makes you more accountable.

I was a bit shocked at how Romo just sat there and took it.

I'd like once, just once, to see Romo do this:

Cotton

Staff member
I wasn't surprised at all that Romo sat there and said nothing. He is the epitome of this team. Watching him sit on the bench with his head in his heads all those times left a mark with me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The only reason Irvin didn't yell at Aikman and Johnson back in the day is because they weren't the ones fucking up.
Also because those guys weren't weak-minded wusses like Garrett and Romo.

If Dez or Irvin had tried that shit with those two they'd have returned fire. Garrett and Romo just lay down and take it because they have meek personalities.

superpunk

Banned
yeah I really wish Romo would have gotten in his face so this could have been made an even bigger deal of. are you guys retarded?

Top Bottom